Dow's Top Performers :TRV, DD, MRK
Published on Wednesday, 01 August 2012 12:35 Written by Danny Miller
New York, August 1st (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 13046.6, which represents 0.29% versus its previous trading session close, with 22 of its components trading in positive territory.
Travelers (NYSE:TRV) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $63.6 representing 1.52% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Travelers, the property and casualty insurer have defined support at $60.62 and resistance at $65.27.
DuPont (NYSE:DD) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $50.43 representing 1.47% from its previous close. DuPont, the life sciences company has calculated support and resistance levels at $46.16 and $50.12 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Merck (NYSE:MRK), which is trading at $44.68 representing 1.14% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ) that is trading at $18.02 or -1.21% from the previous close. Shares of Hewlett Packard, the maker of printers and personal computers have defined support at $17.73 and resistance at $18.69. Also among the worst performers we have Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), which is trading at $7.28 representing -0.82% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for August delivery is also trading higher at $92.66 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1382.82, which represents 0.25% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 2938.61 that represents -0.03% from previous session.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines