Semis Outperfomed the S&P 500 :RBCN, WFR, STM
Published on Wednesday, 01 August 2012 16:51 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, August 1st (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded lower at $383.47, representing -0.07% from its previous close. The semiconductor index had an overall mixed day with 17 index components trading higher.
Rubicon Technology (NASDAQ:RBCN) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $10.69, which represents 6.37%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Rubicon Technology, the high-quality sapphire substrates and optical windows have defined support at $9.45 and resistance at $10.12.
MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $2 representing 4.17% from its previous close. MEMC Electronic Materials, the silicon wafers producer has calculated support and resistance levels at $1.68 and $1.92 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM), which traded at $5.46 representing 1.81% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO) that traded at $34.59 or -3.14% from the previous close. Shares of Veeco Instruments, the provider of process equipment solutions have defined support at $30.68 and resistance at $35.01. Also among the worst performers was Cirrus Logic (NASDAQ:CRUS), which closed at $36.06 representing -1.93% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis outperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines