Semis Outperfomed the S&P 500 :RBCN, WFR, STM
Published on Wednesday, 01 August 2012 16:51 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, August 1st (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded lower at $383.47, representing -0.07% from its previous close. The semiconductor index had an overall mixed day with 17 index components trading higher.
Rubicon Technology (NASDAQ:RBCN) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $10.69, which represents 6.37%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Rubicon Technology, the high-quality sapphire substrates and optical windows have defined support at $9.45 and resistance at $10.12.
MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $2 representing 4.17% from its previous close. MEMC Electronic Materials, the silicon wafers producer has calculated support and resistance levels at $1.68 and $1.92 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM), which traded at $5.46 representing 1.81% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO) that traded at $34.59 or -3.14% from the previous close. Shares of Veeco Instruments, the provider of process equipment solutions have defined support at $30.68 and resistance at $35.01. Also among the worst performers was Cirrus Logic (NASDAQ:CRUS), which closed at $36.06 representing -1.93% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis outperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- MEMC Electronic Materials - Top Performer Semiconductor
- Sector Wrap - Semis Flat: WFR, MU, NVDA
- Cree - Top Performing Semiconductor - Mid-Day Update
- Veeco Instruments - Top Performer Semiconductor
- Sector Wrap - Semis Higher: WFR, VECO, STM
- Rubicon Technology - Worst Performing Semiconductor
- Semis Outperfomed the S&P 500 :MU, MRVL, CRUS
- Semis Outperfoming the S&P 500 :TER, WFR, RBCN
- Semis Underperfomed the S&P 500 :NVLS, NVDA, WFR
- Sector Wrap - Semis Lower: WFR, AMD, MRVL
Related Partner Headlines
- NXP and Other Semiconductors Stocks Making Big Moves on November 15, 2012 - Investopedia
- Rubicon Technology Inc. Stock Downgraded (RBCN) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Rubicon Posts Drop In Q3 Profit - Benzinga
- Veeco Instruments Inc Stock Downgraded (VECO) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Canaccord Genuity Reduces PT to $25 on Veeco Instruments - Benzinga
- NXP and More Big Movers in Semiconductors on October 12, 2012 - Investopedia
- MEMC Announces New Appointments To Board Of Directors - Benzinga
- SunEdison Sells 30MW Spectrum Solar Project To Southern Company And Turner Renewable Energy - Benzinga
- Benzinga's Top Upgrades - Benzinga
- Veeco Instruments Inc Stock Upgraded (VECO) - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
Kenny Chesney Ticket Prices Slashed by TicketProcess.com; Tickets Still Available For The No Shoes Nation Tour
"Get Ready for Summer Sale" at Sublime Beauty® Continues: New Cellulite Whisperer® Products
Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne Engines Boost Latest Communication Satellite into Orbit
Real Estate SEO Firm Announces Real Estate SEO Pros For Hire Programs
Company Now Offering Real Estate SEO Tips for Real Estate Professionals in All Markets
CRMnext Introduces Twitter Response for Customer Service Management through Social Networking Channels
Tips for Great Content Marketing for Local Search Success
Used VTEC Engine Now Included in Honda Parts Inventory at AutoProsUSA.com