Ameristar Casinos - Worst Performing Casino Stock
Published on Wednesday, 01 August 2012 17:06 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, August 1st (TradersHuddle.com) - Casino stocks ended the session lower by closing -0.56% versus their previous day close. Casino stocks had widespread weakness with 2 out of 7 casino companies trading higher.
Las Vegas Sands (NYSE:LVS) was the top performer of the casino stocks today closing at $37.26 representing 2.31%. versus the previous trading session. The shares of Las Vegas Sands, the owner and operator of casino resorts and convention centers in the U.S., Macau, and Singapore have defined support at $34.72 and resistance at $42.36.
Wynn Resorts (NASDAQ:WYNN) was also among the top performers, closed the trading session at $94.76 representing 1.08% from its previous close. Wynn Resorts, the luxury casino operator has calculated support and resistance levels at $90.11 and $96.57 respectively.
Casino Stocks worst performers include Ameristar Casinos (NASDAQ:ASCA) that closed the trading session at $16.24 or -3.73% from the previous close. Ameristar Casinos, the gaming company that owns and operates casinos resorts in several states in the U.S. shares have defined support at $16.32 and resistance at $17.29. Also among the worst performers was Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ:PENN), which closed the trading session at $38.13 representing -2.03% from the previous trading session.
Casino stocks underperformed the broad market S&P 500 Index that closed the trading session at 1375.32, -4 points or -0.29% from the previous trading session.
- Sector Wrap Up - Casinos Higher: MGM, PNK
- Casinos Outperfomed: PNK, WYNN
- Casino Stocks Wrap Up - Lower: ISLE, PNK
- Is Las Vegas Sands Close to Support?
- Casinos Underperfomed: WYNN, LVS
- Trading Idea: Is Las Vegas Sands Breaking Down?
- Penn National Gaming - Worst Performing Casino Stock - Mid-Day Update
- Key Levels for Las Vegas Sands
- Trading Idea - Ameristar Casinos A Doji Close
- Penn National Gaming - Top Performing Casino Stock
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Reiterates Buy Rating, Raises PT on Penn National Gaming - Benzinga
- Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS): Today's Featured Leisure Winner - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Imperial Capital Upgrades Penn National Gaming to Outperform, Raises PT - Benzinga
- Wynn Resorts Ltd Stock Hold Recommendation Reiterated (WYNN) - TheStreet.com
- Mid-Day Markets Update: Markets Recover on Fiscal Cliff Meeting; Casino Stocks Continue to Ramp - Benzinga
- Sears Among Services' Biggest Movers on November 16, 2012 - Investopedia
- Penn National Issues Proposal for $480M Hollywood Casino in Philly - Benzinga
- Las Vegas Sands Corp Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (LVS) - TheStreet.com
- Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS): Today's Featured Leisure Laggard - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Reinitiates Coverage on Penn National Gaming at Buy - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,318.23 Trade time:4:34PM EDT Value change:▲138.38 (0.91%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,651.81 Trade time:4:34PM EDT Value change:▲12.77 (0.78%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,482.18 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲30.05 (0.87%)
In The Wires
Netflix To Launch In The Netherlands In Late 2013
Live Nation Entertainment Acquires Majority Stake in BDG Music
AT&T 4G LTE Available In Florence-Muscle Shoals
AT&T 4G LTE Available In Tuscaloosa
AT&T 4G LTE Expands In Logan
AT&T 4G LTE Available In Gallup
AT&T 4G LTE Expands In Providence, Kent Counties
AT&T 4G LTE Expands In New Bedford Area