United Microelectronics - Traders Waiting for Entry
Published on Thursday, 02 August 2012 04:36 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, August 2nd (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of United Microelectronics Corporation (NYSE:UMC) closed the trading day higher by $0.01 or 0.46% from its previous close. United Microelectronics' price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
United Microelectronics Corporation (NYSE:UMC) manufactures, and markets integrated circuits and related electronic products. The company specializes in contract manufacturing of customer designed integrated circuits for semiconductor applications. Its main products are integrated circutis for consumer electronic, memory, personal computer, peripherals, communications.
United Microelectronics' trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $2.04 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $2.17. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in United Microelectronics or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of United Microelectronics, given that the stock finished the session higher, bulls should monitor their positions for confirmation that the stock will continue higher by taking its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- Is United Microelectronics Reversing?
- UMC Reports Sales for April 2013
- UMC Reports First Quarter 2013 Results
- Top Tech Analyst Previews Earnings for DragonWave, EZchip Semiconductor, Nvidia, United Microelectronics and Towerstream
- United Microelectronics Formed a Tweezer Top
- United Microelectronics: Ready for some Upside?
- Bears taking over United Microelectronics?
- United Microelectronics Corporation to Report First Quarter 2013 Financial Results on May 08, 2013 US Time
- UMC Announces Resource and Energy Productivity Improvement Goals
- Trading Idea - United Microelectronics A Doji Close
Related Partner Headlines
- UMC Q3 Net Profit Up 24.1% - Benzinga
- United Microelectronics September Sales Up 11.5% y/y - Benzinga
- UMC Sales Surge 19.5% In August - Benzinga
- UMC Q2 Net Profit Down 6.3% - Benzinga
- UPDATE: JP Morgan Upgrades United Microelectronics to Overweight on Attractive Valuation - Benzinga
- UMC May Sales Down 2% y/y - Benzinga
- United Microelectronics Corp. Stock Downgraded (UMC) - TheStreet.com
- UMC April Sales Down 4.6% y/y - Benzinga
- United Microelectronics Corp. Stock Upgraded (UMC) - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲33.73 (0.97%)
In The Wires
Rentrak Announces Worldwide Box Office Results for Weekend of May 19, 2013
There is Life After Stroke, Says Book by Jeff Kagan
LA Clippers NBA Apparel on Sale at SportsFanPlayground.com
Prom Dresses Deals For Summer Announced by AmorModa.com
MS Tûranor PlanetSolar Sets World Speed Record for Transatlantic Crossing by Solar Electric Vessel
Zamansky & Associates LLC Announces Its Investigation of Financial Advisor John Pritchard of Raymond James Morgan Keegan And Oppenheimer
HomeThangs.com Introduces A Guide To Choosing A Professional Quality Range Hood
Texas Adds More Jobs Than Any Other State in Country, EmploymentCrossing Finds 185,000 Jobs in State