Dow's Top Performers :HPQ, CAT, INTC
Published on Thursday, 02 August 2012 12:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, August 2nd (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 12825.9, which represents -1.12% versus its previous trading session close, with only four of its components trading in the green.
Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $17.92 representing 1.47% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Hewlett Packard, the maker of printers and personal computers have defined support at $17.73 and resistance at $18.69.
Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $83.55 representing 1.09% from its previous close. Caterpillar, the largest earth moving equipment maker in the world has calculated support and resistance levels at $78.79 and $86.97 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), which is trading at $26.06 representing 0.51% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Alcoa (NYSE:AA) that is trading at $8.18 or -2.97% from the previous close. Shares of Alcoa, the aluminum producer have defined support at $7.97 and resistance at $8.52. Also among the worst performers we have Verizon (NYSE:VZ), which is trading at $44.16 representing -2.32% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for August delivery is also trading lower at $92.66 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1359.36, which represents -1.15% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 2902.42 that represents -0.61% from previous session.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines