Semis Stocks Round Up - Higher: STM, WFR, HITT
Published on Friday, 03 August 2012 16:51 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, August 3rd (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded higher at $390.09, representing 2.26% from its previous close. The semiconductor index had a broad rally with 28 index components trading higher.
STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $5.65, which represents 9.28%. from the previous trading session. Shares of STMicroelectronics, the semiconductor integrated circuits and discrete devices maker have defined support at $4.51 and resistance at $5.54.
MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $1.97 representing 5.65% from its previous close. MEMC Electronic Materials, the silicon wafers producer has calculated support and resistance levels at $1.68 and $1.92 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Hittite Microwave (NASDAQ:HITT), which traded at $52.17 representing 4.38% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Rubicon Technology (NASDAQ:RBCN) that traded at $9.33 or -12.85% from the previous close. Shares of Rubicon Technology, the high-quality sapphire substrates and optical windows have defined support at $9.45 and resistance at $10.88. Also among the worst performers was Novellus Systems (NASDAQ:NVLS), which closed at $40.39 representing 0% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis outperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines