AES Eletropaulo Posts Investments of R$ 170.0 Million in 2Q12
Published on Friday, 03 August 2012 18:58 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
Comments by Mr. Rinaldo Pecchio - CFO and Investor Relations Officer
SAO PAULO, Aug. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Eletropaulo Metropolitana Eletricidade de Sao Paulo S.A. (BM&FBovespa: ELPL3, ELPL4; ADRs negotiates at US OTC Market), announced today its results for 2Q12.
In 2Q12, the total market in AES Eletropaulo's concession area grew by 2.5% and came to 11,529 GWh. The 4.1% increase in the captive market during the period resulted from higher consumption by the commercial and residential classes, which increased by 3.0% and 7.1% respectively, offsetting the 3.2% drop in the industrial class. This class was affected by the slowdown in industrial activity in Brazil, which eventually also led to a 4.5% drop in free customer consumption.
The market performance had a positive influence on the Company's net revenues, which grew by 2.8% in 2Q12 when compared with 2Q11. Operating costs and expenses were affected by the 23.1% rise in Parcel A expenses, whereas operating expenses rose by 4.1%. Thus, at the close of 2Q12, AES Eletropaulo's EBITDA came to R$ 243.5 million, down 53.6% from 2Q11. Net income amounted to R$56.6 million in 2Q12, representing a 77.8% drop year-over-year.
With regards to operational indicators, the Company's total losses in 2Q12 fell by 0.1% over 2Q11. Stemming from the introduction of the 2011-2012 Action Plan, the SAIDI and SAIFI for the 12-month period ended in June/12, showed significant reductions of 12.2% and 10.3%, respectively.
In pursuit of continuous improvement of its operational indicators and deliver prime quality services to its clients, AES Eletropaulo invested R$ 170.0 million in 2Q12, 7.1% higher than the amount invested in 2Q11.
Conference Call / Webcast
Britaldo Soares – Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Rinaldo Pecchio – CFO and Investor Relations Officer
DATE: Monday, August 6th, 2012
TIME: 11:00 (BR) / 10:00 a.m. (EST)
- Brazil: (+55 11) 4688-6361
- USA: (1-888) 700-0802
- Other countries: (1 786) 924-6977
SIMULTANEOUS INTERPRETATION INTO ENGLISH.
CONFERENCE CODE: AES Eletropaulo
REPLAY: (+55 11) 4688-6312
AVAILABLE FROM: 08.06.12 to 08.12.12
The presentation slides will be available for viewing and downloading on the website www.aeseletropaulo.com.br/ri.
The conference call will be broadcasted live on the Internet on the same website, remaining available after the event.
Thiago Tsukassa Tsuda
Phone: + 55-11-2195-2353
SOURCE AES Eletropaulo
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines