Trading Idea - Coldwater Creek A Doji Close
Published on Saturday, 04 August 2012 00:24 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, August 4th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Coldwater Creek Inc. (NASDAQ:CWTR) closed the trading day lower by $0.02 or -2.99% from its previous close. Coldwater Creek's price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Coldwater Creek Inc. (NASDAQ:CWTR) is a specialty direct mail retailer of apparel, gifts, jewelry, and home furnishings. The Company markets its merchandise primarily through catalogs, including Northcountry, Spirit of the West, Natural Elements, and Home.
Coldwater Creek's trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $ and by a peak that set the resistance point at $. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Coldwater Creek or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Coldwater Creek, given that the stock finished the session lower, bears should monitor the stock, as it could reverse if it manages to trade above its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- Trading Idea - Coldwater Creek A Doji Close
- Candlesticks - Bearish Engulfing Coldwater Creek
- Neutral Short Term Pattern on Coldwater Creek
- Bulls in Charge of Coldwater Creek
- Coldwater Creek Announces Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 Results
- Coldwater Creek to Report Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Results
Related Partner Headlines
- Benzinga's Top Upgrades - Benzinga
- Coldwater Creek Announces 1-for-4 Reverse Stock Split - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Piper Jaffray Reduces PT to $1 on Coldwater Creek Following FQ2 Report - Benzinga
- Coldwater Creek up Over 50% After Obtaining New Financing - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Piper Jaffray Lowers Coldwater Creek's PT - Benzinga
- US Stock Futures Signal Lower Start On Wall Street - Benzinga
- Coldwater Creek Promotes Jim Bell to Chief Operating Officer - Benzinga
- Coldwater Creek Stock Gaps Down On Today's Open (CWTR) - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,247.33 Trade time:11:36AM EDT Value change:▼47.17 (-0.31%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,642.73 Trade time:11:36AM EDT Value change:▼7.78 (-0.47%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,442.65 Trade time:11:36AM EDT Value change:▼16.77 (-0.48%)
In The Wires
Allstate Assisting Oklahoma Policyholders Cleaning Up After Tornadoes
Tupperware Brands Corporation Declares Quarterly Dividend
Boston Scientific To Participate In The 38th Annual Deutsche Bank 2013 Healthcare Conference
Food 4 Less/Foods Co Stores announce fundraising campaign to 'Honor Our Troops'
Ralphs to Honor Our Troops
L.B. Foster Company Declares Quarterly Dividend
Grupo Simec, S.A.B. de C.V. announces repurchases of its own shares
Kellogg Commits Support For Residents Of Moore, Okla.