BNY Mellon Capital Markets Expands Treasuries and MBS Trading Desks
Published on Monday, 06 August 2012 08:10 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
Dan Mulholland appointed as head of U.S. Treasury trading, David Piersol and Joseph Gaziano lead an eight-person MBS team joining BNY Mellon Capital Markets from Ally Securities
NEW YORK, Aug. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BNY Mellon Capital Markets, LLC today announced significant expansions of its Treasuries and Mortgage-Backed Securities trading desks with the appointment of Dan Mulholland as head of U.S. Treasury trading and the recruitment of an eight-person team of experienced MBS professionals from Ally Securities.
Mulholland brings nearly 20 years of trading experience to BNY Mellon Capital Markets, most recently with RBC Capital Markets. While there he served on the Treasury trading desk with Avram Altaras, who also has joined BNY Mellon Capital Markets. The MBS team is led by Dave Piersol as head of MBS sales and Joe Gaziano as head of MBS pass-through trading.
Piersol has held senior securities sales and relationship management positions for more than 25 years, including service with JP Morgan, Bank of America, Greenwich Capital, and Morgan Stanley. Other members of the newly recruited MBS sales team include David Clifford, whose 25 years of MBS sales and trading experience includes service with Barclays, Bank of America and Prudential Securities; Thomas Daly, with more than 30 years of experience and service with Morgan Stanley, Salomon Brothers, and Nomura Securities; and Sean Conroy, whose 10 years of experience in MBS includes both buyside and institutional sales, most recently with Nomura Securities.
Gaziano brings more than 20 years of trading experience to BNY Mellon Capital Markets, including service with Wells Fargo, Citigroup and Morgan Stanley. Other members of the MBS trading team moving to BNY Mellon Capital Markets include Nathan Baruch, previously with KeyBanc Capital Markets and UBS Securities; Bruce Graham, whose more than 20 years of experience includes service with BNP Paribas and Nomura Securities; and David Rios, who holds a PhD in statistics from Columbia University and whose more than 12 years of MBS experience includes service with Cantor Fitzgerald, BNP Paribas, Nomura Securities and Credit Suisse.
"We have significant financial strength during a period when confidence in counterparties is a paramount concern," said Gary Strumeyer, president of BNY Mellon Capital Markets. "And as part of BNY Mellon, we also have a robust trading platform with extraordinary reach. Our growth strategy leverages both of these competitive advantages, attracting experienced professionals and enhancing our ability to serve clients across the full range of fixed income securities."
A full-service wholly-owned non-bank broker-dealer subsidiary of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation specializing in underwriting and sales and trading services, BNY Mellon Capital Markets, LLC (BNYMCM) (member FINRA, SIPC) provides securities services for large public and private corporations, various governmental and not-for-profit entities, and institutional and high-net-worth investors seeking efficient execution, industry expertise with timely and relevant market commentary, and a collaborative relationship.
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, offering superior investment management and investment services through a worldwide client-focused team. It has $27.1 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $1.3 trillion in assets under management, services $11.5 trillion in outstanding debt and processes global payments averaging $1.4 trillion per day. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com or follow us on Twitter@BNYMellon.
SOURCE BNY Mellon
- Aging U.S. Infrastructure and Growing Population Fuel Need for New Construction Financed through Municipal Bonds, Says BNY Mellon's Standish
- Growing Number of Debt Issues Funding Dividends and Buybacks Causes Concern, According to Standish
- BNY Mellon Plans to Increase its Wealth Management Sales Force by 50%
- BNY Mellon Appointed as Depositary Bank by UBIC, Inc.
- BNY Mellon CSD signs T2S Framework Agreement
- Pershing and BNY Mellon Combine Bank and Brokerage Custody into a Single Service Offering
- BNY Mellon Supports Greater Boston PFLAG's Step UP! Pride and Passion 2013
- BNY Mellon Announces Redemption of Capital Securities
- Eagle Helps Clients Address Regulation, Risk Management with LEI and Cleared Swaps Support
- Prolonged Multi-Year Global Economic Expansion Expected Says BNY Mellon's Chief Economist Richard Hoey
Related Partner Headlines
- Bank Of New York Mellon Corp Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (BK) - TheStreet.com
- 5 Stocks Pushing The Financial Sector Higher - TheStreet.com
- Bank Of New York Mellon Stock Hits New 52-Week High (BK) - TheStreet.com
- Trust Banks: Financial Winners - TheStreet.com
- 4 Stocks Pushing The Financial Services Industry Higher - TheStreet.com
- Bank Of New York Mellon Corp (BK): Today's Featured Financial Services Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Gabriela Parcella Named Chairman of Mellon Capital - Benzinga
- Bank Of New York Mellon Corp Stock Upgraded (BK) - TheStreet.com
- Bank Of New York Mellon Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (BK) - TheStreet.com
- Bank Of New York Mellon Corp Stock Hold Recommendation Reiterated (BK) - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,294.50 Trade time:4:53PM EDT Value change:▼12.67 (-0.08%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,650.51 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼4.84 (-0.29%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.42 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼3.88 (-0.11%)
In The Wires
Hemp, Inc. Inks Investment Deal with 'Hemp America the Revolution' & 'Hemp Canada Seeds of Growth' Doc/Films
Novelis Expands Production Capacity in Europe for Automotive Sheet
Aegon Appoints Global Chief Technology Officer
3SBio Inc. Announces Shareholders' Approval of the Amended Merger Agreement
China Zenix Auto International Announces Financial Results for the First Quarter of 2013
Book Of Mormon Battles Itself For Highest Theater Ticket Sales, Learn The Unexpected Winner
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Named the 2013 Life Science Firm of the Year by the Tech Council of Maryland
Voyance and ASCA Announce Strategic Partnership to Better the ASC Industry