Top Performing Dow Component: Bank of America
Published on Monday, 06 August 2012 12:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, August 6th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 13165.5, which represents 0.53% versus its previous trading session close, with only five of its components trading in negative territory.
Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $7.63 representing 2.69% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Bank of America, the largest U.S. lender have defined support at $6.90 and resistance at $7.40.
Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $86.68 representing 1.95% from its previous close. Caterpillar, the largest earth moving equipment maker in the world has calculated support and resistance levels at $82.10 and $86.97 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ), which is trading at $18.6 representing 1.88% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include JNJ (NYSE:JNJ) that is trading at $69 or -0.18% from the previous close. Shares of JNJ, the consumer health care products company maker of Tylenol and Sudafed have defined support at $61.71 and resistance at $67.00. Also among the worst performers we have Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), which is trading at $74.5 representing -0.07% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for August delivery is also trading higher at $92.66 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1397.7, which represents 0.48% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 2995.17 that represents 0.92% from previous session.
- Leading Investment Service Previews Earnings for Salesforce.com, NetApp, H-P, Target & Others
- Top Tech Analyst Previews Earnings for Analog Devices, Hewlett-Packard, and Marvell Technology Group
- Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
- First Use of Natural Gas to Power Equipment for Hydraulic Fracturing in Northeastern Pennsylvania
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: BA, UTX, AA
- Walmart, Sam's Club and Operation Homefront Kick off Saluting Heroes Together Series on Armed Forces Day
- Caterpillar and Mining Machinery Limited Announce Settlement Agreement Related to Siwei Acquisition
- Dow's Top Performers :CSCO, HPQ, IBM
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Lower Top Performers: AXP, PG, WMT
- Walmart Announces Completion of Eight New Solar Arrays in Massachusetts
Related Partner Headlines
- Banks Cough Up $26.1 Billion in Mortgage Relief - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America, MBIA Death Match Hurts Both: Moody's - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America Will Cut to Hit Earnings: Analyst - TheStreet.com
- Why the U.S. Stinks at Mobile Payments: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Big Bank Break-Ups Need to Wait: Dudley - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Caterpillar (CAT) Leads The Day Higher, Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Lags - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America and Berkowitz Follow Different Scripts: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- New York Community Bank Opens Faster Than Giants After Sandy - TheStreet.com
- Mortgage Delinquencies, Foreclosures Begin to Drop - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Playing the Setup in Rowan Companies
Sanofi-Aventis Is Close to the 50 Day Moving Average
FLIR Systems Is Close to Resistance
Trading Idea: - Is Starbucks close to Resistance?
Trading Idea: - Is Tesoro close to Resistance?
Entry points for QUALCOMM
Trading Idea: - Is International Paper close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,387.58 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,669.16 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,502.12 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Abbott to Present at Deutsche Bank 38th Annual Health Care Conference
Summit Industrial Income REIT Announces Strong Growth in First Quarter 2013
CEB Global Day of Service Results in Immediate Impact on 75 Charities in 45 Cities Across the Country and Around the World
Internap to Attend Two Upcoming Conferences
Sierra Iron Ore Arranges $2,000,000 Private Placement
Goodman Networks to Acquire Multiband
Americas Bullion announces 12 % ownership of Wolfpack Gold Corp.
Cellular Biomedicine Group Announces Enrollment Milestone for Phase I Clinical Trial for Liver Cancer