Semis Stocks Round Up - Higher: VECO, MU, CREE
Published on Monday, 06 August 2012 16:51 Written by Danny Miller
New York, August 6th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded higher at $392.09, representing 0.51% from its previous close. The semiconductor index exhibited strong upside with 23 index components on the plus side.
Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $36.1, which represents 4.73%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Veeco Instruments, the provider of process equipment solutions have defined support at $33.60 and resistance at $35.84.
Micron Technology (NASDAQ:MU) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $6.57 representing 3.79% from its previous close. Micron Technology, the dynamic random access memory chips maker has calculated support and resistance levels at $5.56 and $6.50 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Cree (NASDAQ:CREE), which traded at $25.73 representing 3.04% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) that traded at $3.98 or -2.81% from the previous close. Shares of Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world have defined support at $3.89 and resistance at $5.07. Also among the worst performers was Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL), which closed at $11.12 representing -2.03% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis outperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines