Canadian Solar Achieves CSA1000V Certification Advancing Utility-Scale Deployments
Published on Tuesday, 07 August 2012 08:16 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
CSA International Certification Will Reduce Costs and Enhance Efficiency of Utility-Scale Solar Systems
GUELPH, Ontario, Aug. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia-FirstCall/ -- Canadian Solar Inc. (the "Company," "we" or "Canadian Solar") (NASDAQ: CSIQ), one of the world's largest solar companies, today announced that it has been awarded CSA1000V certification. With this certification, Canadian Solar modules are now authorized to receive 1000V of maximum system voltage, allowing the company to more efficiently meet customer demand for high-voltage applications in the Americas, while reducing overall system costs.
CSA International tests products for compliance to national and international standards and issues certification marks for qualified products. Potential customers and users review certification marks for assurance that a product has been through a formal process involving careful examination, testing and follow-up inspection. Additionally, certification marks indicate that the product complies with applicable standards for safety and performance, including the applicable standards written or administered by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), Underwriters Laboratories (UL), Canadian Standards Association (CSA), National Sanitation Foundation (NSF), and others.
"Canadian Solar has always been a global leader in product quality, innovation and service," said Dr. Shawn Qu, Chairman and CEO for Canadian Solar. "This latest certification further bolsters our credentials as we continue to expand our presence in higher voltage utility-scale PV installations. Our high voltage 1000V modules allow system owners to harvest more energy output with fewer module strings and improved system performance ratio, which serves the bottom line of utility-scale projects."
Canadian Solar modules have received extensive international recognition and certifications validating the quality of the Company's products through rigorous formal inspections and testing. The company's modules are ranked among the top of the California Energy Commission's Solar Electric Incentive Program for their high PTC efficiency ratings.
About Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ)
Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the world's largest solar companies. As a leading vertically integrated provider of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar modules and other solar applications, Canadian Solar designs, manufactures and delivers solar products and solar system solutions for on-grid and off-grid use to customers worldwide. With operations in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia, Canadian Solar provides premium quality, cost-effective and environmentally-friendly solar solutions to support global, sustainable development. For more information, visit www.canadiansolar.com.
Certain statements in this press release are forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially. These statements are made under the "Safe Harbor" provisions of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by such terms as "believes," "expects," "anticipates," "intends," "estimates," the negative of these terms, or other comparable terminology. Factors that could cause actual results to differ include the risks regarding the previously disclosed SEC investigation as well as general business and economic conditions and the state of the solar industry; governmental support for the deployment of solar power; future available supplies of high-purity silicon; demand for end-use products by consumers and inventory levels of such products in the supply chain; changes in demand from significant customers; changes in demand from major markets such as Germany; changes in customer order patterns; changes in product mix; capacity utilization; level of competition; pricing pressure and declines in average selling prices; delays in new product introduction; continued success in technological innovations and delivery of products with the features customers demand; shortage in supply of materials or capacity requirements; availability of financing; exchange rate fluctuations; litigation and other risks as described in the Company's SEC filings, including its annual report on Form 20-F filed on April 27, 2012. Although the Company believes that the expectations reflected in the forward looking statements are reasonable, it cannot guarantee future results, level of activity, performance, or achievements. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. All information provided in this press release is as of today's date, unless otherwise stated, and Canadian Solar undertakes no duty to update such information, except as required under applicable law.
SOURCE Canadian Solar Inc.
- Canadian Solar's Partner Romano Wins Eskom Rooftop Project in Johannesburg
- Canadian Solar Donates PV Modules to Power the OrcaLab Whale Research Centre
- Canadian Solar, Duke Energy Renewables, Integrys Energy Services and Community Energy Complete Solar Projects for Sterling Municipal Light in Massachusetts
- Canadian Solar to Attend Deutsche Bank Securities 2013 dbAccess Clean Tech, Utilities & Power Conference
- Canadian Solar Announces Selective Preliminary Results for the First Quarter 2013, Schedules Earnings Release and Conference Call for May 28
- Canadian Solar Donates PV Modules to the Brian D. Robertson Memorial Solar Schools Fund
- Canadian Solar Files Form 20-F for Year Ended December 31, 2012
- Class Action Lawsuit Against Canadian Solar Dismissed with Prejudice
- Canadian Solar Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Results
- Canadian Solar to Attend Bank of America Merrill Lynch's Taiwan, Technology & Beyond Conference
Related Partner Headlines
- Canadian Solar Supplies Modules for Turkey's First and Largest Governmental PV Project Installed by Gehrlicher Merk Solar - Benzinga
- Canadian Solar Supplies More Than 8 MW to groSolar for Utility-Scale Projects - Benzinga
- Penn Energy Renewables and Canadian Solar Close 18.7 MW AC Deal for Two Solar Farms in Canada - Benzinga
- Canadian Solar Completes Sale of Solar Power Plant to Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners - Benzinga
- Benzinga's Top Upgrades - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Canadian Solar Posts Wider Q2 Loss - Benzinga
- Canadian Solar Sees Q2 Solar Module Shipments of 410MW-420MW vs 343MW in Q1 - Benzinga
- Photovoltaic Institute Berlin and PV Evolution Labs Attest Canadian Solar Modules Are Free of Potential Induced Degradation (PID) - Benzinga
- Canadian Solar and Real Goods Solar Announce Supply Agreement - Benzinga
- Canadian Solar and SkyPower Close Landmark Purchase Transaction and Launch International JV - Benzinga
Stocks Breaking Out Above Resistance
Near Both 50 and 200 Day - Stocks Trading Below 50 and Below The 200
Stocks Near Support
Stocks Near 50 and 200 Day Moving Average Trading Above Both Moving Averages - With 50 day below the 200
Stocks Near 50 and 200 Day Moving Average Bullish Configuration 50 Above 200 Day
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Tetragon Financial Group Limited (TFG) Monthly Update For April 2013
German Federal Joint Committee (G-BA) Issues Final Assessment Report for PIXUVRI® (pixantrone)
IBM Analytics Help Arad Group Manage Big Data for Water Meter Solutions
Ford Fusion Energi Earns Top Vehicle Safety Rating from NHTSA
Live Nation Further Expands Presence In Asia, Forms Joint Venture With Lushington
China Xiniya Fashion Limited Reports 2013 First Quarter Financial Results
The "17 Cheat Foods That Burn Fat" Review and Diet Plan Secrets Revealed by Daily Gossip
Intesa, Unicredit hurt by Italian trials and tribulations according to SNL Financial's recent report