Top Performing Dow Component: JP Morgan
Published on Tuesday, 07 August 2012 12:35 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, August 7th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 13201.4, which represents 0.64% versus its previous trading session close, with 24 of its components trading in positive territory.
JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $37.49 representing 3.26% versus the previous trading session. Shares of JP Morgan, the second largest U.S. lender have defined support at $34.76 and resistance at $37.20.
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $17.18 representing 2.91% from its previous close. Cisco, the networking giant has calculated support and resistance levels at $14.96 and $16.11 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), which is trading at $7.84 representing 2.63% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) that is trading at $23.85 or -1.71% from the previous close. Shares of Pfizer, the pharmaceutical company maker of Viagra and Lipitor have defined support at $21.95 and resistance at $24.49. Also among the worst performers we have JNJ (NYSE:JNJ), which is trading at $68.49 representing -0.51% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for August delivery is also trading higher at $92.66 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1405.92, which represents 0.84% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3024.69 that represents 1.16% from previous session.
- Trading Idea: - Is Cisco close to Resistance?
- The Range Is Tightening in Bank of America
- Is JP Morgan Closing in to Support?
- Trading Idea: What to Expect as Cisco Breaks Resistance
- Worst Performing Dow Component: Procter
- Worst Performing Dow Component: Pfizer
- Johnson & Johnson Announces Definitive Agreement To Acquire Aragon Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- J.P. Morgan Asset Management to Disclose Daily and Weekly Money Market Fund Liquidity
- Zoetis Set to Join S&P 500; First Horizon National to Join S&P MidCap 400; QLogic to Join S&P SmallCap 600
- JP Morgan is Near a Key Support Area
Related Partner Headlines
- Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
- Banks Cough Up $26.1 Billion in Mortgage Relief - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America, MBIA Death Match Hurts Both: Moody's - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America Will Cut to Hit Earnings: Analyst - TheStreet.com
- Meraki Acquisition Brings "Simple" and "Secure" Cloud Managed Networks to Cisco - Benzinga
- Stock Futures Rise as Budget Talks Spur Optimism - TheStreet.com
- Why the U.S. Stinks at Mobile Payments: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Stocks To Watch For November 19, 2012 - Benzinga
- Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire Meraki for $1.2B - Benzinga
- Dow Today: Pfizer (PFE) Higher - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,112.19 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,628.93 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,443.20 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
MeridianLink and FICO Partner to Help Hundreds of Small Banks and Credit Unions Speed Consumer and Small Business Lending
TE Connectivity to Report Fiscal 2013 Third Quarter Results on July 24, 2013
Aon Hewitt Expands Suite of Health Solutions to Support Individuals Enrolling in State and Federal Health Plan Programs
EFactor Corporation Retains MZ Group N.A. as Investor Relations Firm
Alpha Natural Resources Opens Running Right Leadership Academy
DTE Energy Applauds Downtown Detroit Development Announcement
McGraw-Hill Education Agrees to Acquire ALEKS Corporation, Developer of Adaptive Learning Technology for K-12 and Higher Education
TripIt for Teams Goes Mobile, Giving Travel Planners Access Anytime, Anywhere