Jefferies - Best Performing Broker
Published on Tuesday, 07 August 2012 17:07 Written by Danny Miller
New York, August 7th (TradersHuddle.com) - The overall market traded higher with the S&P 500 adding 0.51%. Stocks of Broker / Dealers also traded higher, with NYSE Broker/Dealer index closing the session at $80.303, which represents 2.2% versus previous day close. The index , it had 10 out of 10 components trading higher.
Jefferies (NYSE:JEF) was the top performer of the sector today, closing at $13.13 representing 7.36% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Jefferies, the independent full service global securities services and investment banking firm, have defined support at $11.82 and resistance at $12.72.
Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS) was also among the top performers, closed the trading session at $14.53 representing 2.76% from its previous close. Morgan Stanley, the operator of a global securities business has calculated support and resistance levels at $12.98 and $13.75 respectively. The other top performer was TD Ameritrade (NASDAQ:AMTD), which closed the trading session at $16.52 representing 2.74% from the previous session.
The sector's worst performers include Interactive Brokers (NASDAQ:IBKR) that closed the trading session at $13.91 or 0.72% from the previous close. Shares of Interactive Brokers, the automated global electronic market maker and broker have defined support at $13.20 and resistance at $14.20. Also among the worst performers was Nomura (NYSE:NMR), which closed the trading session at $3.62 representing 1.4% from the previous session.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines