Top Performing Dow Component: Hewlett Packard
Published on Wednesday, 08 August 2012 12:35 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, August 8th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 13190.4, which represents 0.17% versus its previous trading session close, with 22 of its components trading in positive territory.
Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $19.38 representing 2.22% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Hewlett Packard, the maker of printers and personal computers have defined support at $17.41 and resistance at $18.69.
Disney (NYSE:DIS) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $50.47 representing 1.32% from its previous close. Disney, the largest diversified media company in the world has calculated support and resistance levels at $47.42 and $50.54 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Alcoa (NYSE:AA), which is trading at $8.71 representing 1.28% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include McDonald's (NYSE:MCD) that is trading at $86.97 or -2.29% from the previous close. Shares of McDonald's, the largest restaurant chain in the world have defined support at $87.62 and resistance at $90.76. Also among the worst performers we have United Technologies (NYSE:UTX), which is trading at $77.42 representing -0.9% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for August delivery is also trading higher at $92.66 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1403.26, which represents 0.14% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3017.97 that represents 0.07% from previous session.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines