MEMC Electronic Materials - Top Performer Semiconductor
Published on Wednesday, 08 August 2012 16:51 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, August 8th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded higher at $401.17, representing 0.28% from its previous close. The semiconductor index exhibited strong upside with 18 index components on the plus side.
MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $2.28, which represents 10.68%. from the previous trading session. Shares of MEMC Electronic Materials, the silicon wafers producer have defined support at $1.68 and resistance at $2.11.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $4.4 representing 9.45% from its previous close. Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world has calculated support and resistance levels at $3.89 and $5.07 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Cree (NASDAQ:CREE), which traded at $27.07 representing 2.78% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Power Integrations (NASDAQ:POWI) that traded at $33.43 or -3.49% from the previous close. Shares of Power Integrations, the maker of proprietary, high-voltage, analog integrated circuits for use in ac to dc conversion have defined support at $33.41 and resistance at $37.78. Also among the worst performers was SanDisk (NASDAQ:SNDK), which closed at $41.47 representing -1.45% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis outperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines