Sector Wrap Up - Brokers Declined: AMP, MS, IBKR
Published on Wednesday, 08 August 2012 17:07 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, August 8th (TradersHuddle.com) - The overall market traded higher with the S&P 500 adding 0.06%. Stocks of Broker / Dealers traded lower, with NYSE Broker/Dealer index closing the session at $79.602, which represents -0.57% versus previous day close. The index , it had 3 out of 10 components trading higher.
Ameriprise (NYSE:AMP) was the top performer of the sector today, closing at $54.5 representing 0.46% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Ameriprise, the financial planning firm, have defined support at $50.00 and resistance at $53.00.
Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS) was also among the top performers, closed the trading session at $14.52 representing 0.14% from its previous close. Morgan Stanley, the operator of a global securities business has calculated support and resistance levels at $12.98 and $13.75 respectively. The other top performer was Interactive Brokers (NASDAQ:IBKR), which closed the trading session at $13.88 representing 0% from the previous session.
The sector's worst performers include Nomura (NYSE:NMR) that closed the trading session at $3.52 or -1.95% from the previous close. Shares of Nomura, the global finanicial services company based in Tokyo, Japan have defined support at $3.40 and resistance at $3.62. Also among the worst performers was Jefferies (NYSE:JEF), which closed the trading session at $12.98 representing -1.74% from the previous session.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines