Verizon Helps Companies Manage Fleets and Feet on the Street
Published on Thursday, 09 August 2012 08:45 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
Field Force Manager and Fleet Control Solutions to Increase Productivity and Efficiency for Mobile Workers and Rolling Stock
NEW YORK, Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- When it comes to managing a dispersed, mobile workforce of professionals or a fleet of vehicles essential to transporting goods and services, businesses often face roadblocks to productivity and performance. That's why Verizon is enhancing Field Force Manager and Fleet Control to help companies achieve greater returns -- from managing mobile workforces to fleets on the street.
Verizon's enhanced offerings combine location management, cloud services and tablet-based solutions to meet the unique challenges in operating fleets. The offerings feature:
- A new version of Verizon's Field Force Manager, the company's flagship workforce management application, to help companies manage and empower employees in the field with mobile work tools and applications and new enhancements for use on 3G and 4G LTE smartphones, tablets across various mobile operating systems as well as enterprise-grade, rugged barcode-scanning devices.
- An enhanced Verizon Fleet Control application, which can now be combined with a rugged, secure enterprise tablet pre-loaded with transportation and company-specific applications to help manage fleets and operations in the field.
"Rising fuel and labor costs are making it increasingly challenging for businesses to meet profit targets while complying with government and industry regulations," said Mike Palmer, vice president of product strategy and global alliances for Verizon Enterprise Solutions. "Verizon recognizes the challenges and opportunities associated with getting mobile workforces safely and on time to their next destination. For many of our customers, the fleet is the core of the organization, and Verizon works closely with them to develop solutions that have a real impact on operations and ultimately the bottom line."
Field Force Manager Empowers Employees in the Field
Working with Xora, a leader in mobile workforce management solutions, and mobile solutions provider DecisionPoint Systems, Verizon is rolling out an advanced version of its workforce management solution that leverages the power of smartphones and tablets to provide employees with more work tools and mobile applications in the field, including electronic forms, location-based services, mobile timecards and job dispatch.
The enhancements includes substantial design, functionality and feature enhancements that make the software even easier to use and provide faster and easier ways to access and share critical data about the business, including giving managers near-real time visibility into operations through a cloud based management application. Workers in the field can now easily clock into shifts, accept jobs and update status when completed, and submit electronic forms with barcodes, pictures and signatures for proof of service. At the same time, their managers – using cloud computing technology – can keep tabs on business activities in the field and make quicker decisions, such as rerouting the nearest worker to a new job when a customer needs service.
Verizon is working with DecisionPoint Systems to offer Field Force Manager as a turnkey mobile business solution encompassing professional services and mobile device management on rugged enterprise devices connected through machine-to-machine data plans.
Fleet Control Keeps Fleet Operations Rolling
Working with mobile fleet optimization provider Xata and DecisionPoint Systems, Verizon is making its Fleet Control solution available on the rugged secure enterprise blank tablet – a "blank slate" that can be tailored for individual customer needs. By combining Verizon's leading wireless network with Xata Turnpike's fleet management software, mobile workers and fleet managers can benefit from a robust mobile work tool ideal for use in and out of the truck.
With Fleet Control, which is a build-to-order solution ideal for both private and for-hire fleets, transportation and distribution businesses can leverage technology to redefine the everyday driver experience while monitoring vehicles and drivers, optimizing routes, simplifying driver inspections, managing speed and fuel consumption, and helping to remain compliant with regulatory reporting requirements. Fleet Control also comes with a series of other optional applications that can improve business operations and can integrate with new or currently used proof-of-delivery applications.
Verizon Enterprise Solutions creates global connections that generate growth, drive business innovation and move society forward. With industry-specific solutions and a full range of global wholesale offerings offered over the company's secure mobility, cloud, strategic networking and advanced communications platforms, Verizon Enterprise Solutions helps open new opportunities around the world for innovation, investment and business transformation. Visit verizon.com/enterprise to learn more.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ), headquartered in New York, is a global leader in delivering broadband and other wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, with more than 94 million retail customers nationwide. Verizon also provides converged communications, information and entertainment services over America's most advanced fiber-optic network, and delivers integrated business solutions to customers in more than 150 countries, including all of the Fortune 500. A Dow 30 company with $111 billion in 2011 revenues, Verizon employs a diverse workforce of more than 188,000. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.
VERIZON'S ONLINE NEWS CENTER: Verizon news releases, executive speeches and biographies, media contacts, high-quality video and images, and other information are available at Verizon's News Center on the World Wide Web at www.verizon.com/news. To receive news releases by email, visit the News Center and register for customized automatic delivery of Verizon news releases.
- Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Network Expands In Buffalo
- Close to the 50 Day Moving Average: Verizon
- Verizon Is Near Resistance
- Verizon Enlists Employees, Customers to Assist Victims of Oklahoma Tornadoes
- Verizon CFO to Speak at Barclays Conference, May 22
- Verizon Is Close to Resistance
- Verizon Maryland LLC to Redeem 7.15% Debentures, Due May 1, 2023
- Verizon: Rules for Railroads Don't Track With the Policy Needs of 21st Century Telecom Technologies
- Verizon Presents Free Webinar on May 16 Featuring Denise Hart
- Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Network Expands In North Warren, Pennsylvania
Related Partner Headlines
- Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Lower - TheStreet.com
- Verizon Communications Inc (VZ): Today's Featured Technology Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Verizon Announces Expiration and Final Results of Tender Offer for 8.95% Notes Due 2039 - Benzinga
- Verizon Communications Inc Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (VZ) - TheStreet.com
- Verizon Communications Inc (VZ): Today's Featured Telecommunications Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Verizon Communications Inc (VZ): Today's Featured Telecommunications Winner - TheStreet.com
- Verizon Communications Inc Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (VZ) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Assumes Coverage on Verizon Communications with Neutral Rating, $45 PT - Benzinga
- Verizon's East Wireline Associates Ratify New 3-Year Agreements - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,294.50 Trade time:4:53PM EDT Value change:▼12.67 (-0.08%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,650.51 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼4.84 (-0.29%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.42 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼3.88 (-0.11%)
In The Wires
Northrop Grumman Increases Investment in Australia, Expands Industry Partnerships
Novelis Wins "CEO" and "Company of the Year" Titles at Platts Global Metals Awards
Apache Pledges $500,000 To Build Storm Shelters And Safe Rooms For Oklahoma Schools
AT&T 3G/4G Combo Named Best for Speed and Value
SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims on Behalf of Investors of rue21, inc. - RUE
BTB announces the sale of one of its commercial properties
Elephant Talk Communications Receives Non-Compliance Notice from NYSE MKT
CME Group Inc. Declares Quarterly Dividend