Sears Auto Center Launches New National Advertising Campaign
Published on Thursday, 09 August 2012 09:10 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
Customer Trust Is Paramount When It Comes to Auto Care and Maintenance
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD) and its Sears Auto Center stores unveiled a new, highly-integrated national advertising campaign today that will showcase the brand's commitment to re-connecting with customers through trust and peace of mind when it comes to auto maintenance and repair. The innovative new campaign will come to life through TV, radio, outdoor and several diverse digital channels, as well as refreshed in-store signage and public relations initiatives.
"This campaign was developed from an understanding of how customers view the key strengths of Sears Auto Center—convenience, trust and a commitment to do what's right for the customer every time," said Lori Williams, Divisional Vice President & CMO, Sears Automotive. "The new campaign's goal is to show people that Sears should be their top choice when it comes to auto care and maintenance."
Sears Auto Center worked with agency McGarryBowen on the campaign that includes:
- Both 15-second and 30-second TV spots that illustrate the anxieties of car repairs from the customer's perspective, and highlights Sears Auto Center's strong investment to do what's right for the customer every time by providing certified, helpful automotive technicians.
- Outdoor billboards highlight the Sears Auto Center commitment to honest vehicle maintenance at convenient locations nationwide.
- Radio commercials that capture attention through a straightforward approach that invites listeners to stop by neighborhood Sears Auto Centers, the only automotive service provider open seven days a week, for service with the latest automotive maintenance technologies.
- Public Relations initiatives targeting customers through localized, grass roots activations and national promotions that showcase breadth of offerings and follow the campaign commitment that Sears Auto Center fulfills an important need in communities across the U.S.
- Digital menu boards now being tested in Sears Auto Center waiting rooms that help associates explain key repair services and why they are needed, as well as programming such as movie reviews, celebrity news and more to keep customers entertained while they wait for their cars.
- New in-store signage provides informative and consultative stress-free car care, while creating a cleaner, more modern and comfortable experience!
"When we looked at Sears Auto Center, we realized that they are not only a category leader, but they have this huge supply of trust that their customers give them credit for. In a way, the new campaign just leverages the truth that is already out there," said Kevin Thoem, Group Creative Director at McGarryBowen. "From a creative standpoint, we selected the 'Big Bad Wolf' score because it allows us to poke a little fun at the competition."
The new ads and signage bring to life Sears Auto Center's understanding of car maintenance anxieties and frustrations, but also reaffirms the brand's commitment to provide reliable and convenient service. The campaign has been running in six test markets and has elevated business, and is slated to go national on Aug. 12. This campaign is a breakthrough for the category and drives home the trust people have in Sears when it comes to maintaining and caring for their cars.
Most of the ads are accompanied by the tagline, "This is the exception to the rule; This is Sears Auto Center."
The television ads can be found on YouTube. There are 800 Sears Auto Center locations located in cities and towns across the U.S. For more information on Sears Auto Center or to find the nearest location, please visit http://www.SearsAuto.com, "Like" us on Facebook and "Follow" us on Twitter.
About Sears Auto Center
Sears Auto Center is a leading provider of automotive maintenance and repair services and parts, with more than 850 locations nationwide offering a full array of passenger and light truck tires, DieHard® batteries, Craftsman® auto accessories and more. Sears has a long history as America's trusted place for car care, having offered auto parts since 1905 and service since 1931. Sears Auto Center offers customers convenient locations and hours, as well as an extensive menu of services. Sears Auto Center is a division of Sears, Roebuck and Co.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is a leading integrated retailer with over 3,900 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada and the home of ShopYourWay, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through ShopYourWay.com. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, fitness equipment and automotive repair and maintenance. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, with a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, the Kardashian Kollection, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as Sofia by Sofia Vergara and The Country Living Home Collection. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 15 million service and installation calls made annually and have a long-established commitment to those who serve in the military through initiatives like the Heroes at Home program. We have been named the 2011 Mobile Retailer of the Year, Recipient of the 2012 ENERGY STAR® "Corporate Commitment Award" for Product Retailing and Energy Management and one of the Top 20 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com. Twitter: @searsholdings | |Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SHCCareers
Sears Holdings Corp.
Zeno Group for Sears
SOURCE Sears Holdings Corporation
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines