Leading Egyptian Dairy and Juice Manufacturer and Distributor Increases Business Efficiencies through IBM Integrated Solutions
Published on Thursday, 09 August 2012 09:37 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
Juhayna Food Industries Invests $ 1.15M to Build a Smarter IT Infrastructure
CAIRO, Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Juhayna Food Industries is investing $ 1.15M into building a smarter computing infrastructure provided by IBM (NYSE: IBM). This move is designed to improve business flexibility and efficiency as the organization ramps up for growth in the years ahead.
As one of Egypt's largest dairy and fruit juice producers, Juhayna supports a distinguished list of clients through its 26 distribution centers in Egypt. The company's substantial growth plans require it to transform its business model to support current and future expansion plans.
"Juhayna Food Industries group is keen to invest in technology to boost the company's efficiency and performance," said Seif El Din Thabet, Operations Director, Juhayna Food Industries.
The company first earmarked the use of technology to support growth in 2004, when it applied an SAP system to centrally manage critical business processes. Today, Juhayna is collaborating with IBM to build out the company's IT infrastructure to become agile and responsive to marketplace changes.
IBM is upgrading Juhayna's IT infrastructure to support the SAP ERP and CRM applications that it uses for Finance, Personnel Management, Materials Management, Production Planning, Quality Management and Sales & Distribution. The company will use IBM DB2 database software running on IBM Power Systems with the AIX operating system and IBM XIV Storage System in a fully virtualized environment using IBM PowerVM. The new IT infrastructure will enable Juhayna to enhance customer service and ensure business continuity with the more reliable computing platform.
"Juhayna Food Industries is effectively preparing for the future with an end-to-end development plan for its technology infrastructure," said Amr Talaat, General Manager, IBM Egypt. "IBM is pleased to play a fundamental role in their transformation strategy with our products and field expertise. "
"Our new IBM-based platform will provide Juhayna the reliability and scalability needed to manage our business's growth," said Ihab Naguib, IT Associate Director. "In addition, IBM's service has been exemplary – conducting a seamless migration of all our data within half the time we expected without any loss of information."
The agreement was signed in late 2011 and implementation was completed this year.
Juhayna Food Industries is one of the leading Egyptian companies in the manufacturing, packaging & distributing milk, yogurt, juices and fruit concentrates, it managed since its inception and to this day to enjoy the confidence of its consumers. Juhayna was founded in 1983 and presented a different concept in the food industry based on its sophisticated technology used in manufacturing, in an effort to provide an outstanding quality in the dairy and juice sectors. With a clear vision, continuous development and communication with customers, Juhayna was able to reach its consumers & gain their confidence and trust in her products. The company succeeded to create the most prevalent brand, Juhayna group is constantly working to achieve its goal which is to provide leading food for all ages and a companion for all generations.
For more information about IBM, please visit: www.ibm.com
IBM Media Relations
202 3536 2536
IBM Media Relations
828 316 9503
- IBM Big Data Analytics Helps History Colorado Center Better Engage Visitors with an Enhanced Cultural Experience
- IBM Announces IBM Services Center in the Dutch province of Groningen, Creating up to 350 New Tech Roles for Local Market
- Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium Uses IBM Big Data Analytics to Better Engage the Millennial Visitor
- France's Nice Cote d'Azur Region Taps IBM to Help Build a Smarter, Sustainable City
- IBM Unveils Industry's First Cloud Suites for the Entire C-Suite
- IBM Helps Women's Cooperatives in Tangier Become More Profitable
- IBM Helps Nigeria's Lagos State Design a Transportation System for Future Growth
- IBM Featured at U.S. Department of State Forum on International Corporate Volunteerism
- IBM Is in a Well Defined Range
- UMC Joins IBM Chip Alliance for 10nm Process Development
Related Partner Headlines
- Could Turn Out Quite Well for IBM - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: International Business Machines (IBM) Leads The Day Higher, AT&T (T) Lags - TheStreet.com
- International Business Machines Corp (IBM): Today's Featured Technology Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: International Business Machines (IBM) Lags - TheStreet.com
- Starbucks Becomes Caffeine-Fueled IBM With Teavana Buy - TheStreet.com
- International Business Machines Corp Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (IBM) - TheStreet.com
- International Business Machines Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (IBM) - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: McDonald's Corporation (MCD) Leads The Day Higher, International Business Machines (IBM) Lags - TheStreet.com
- International Business Machines Corp (IBM): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Winner - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: International Business Machines (IBM) Higher - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,112.19 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼206.04 (-1.35%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,628.93 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼22.88 (-1.39%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,443.20 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼38.98 (-1.12%)
In The Wires
Veris Gold Corp. announces appointments
Hawaiian Electric seeks to speed up development of low-cost renewable energy for Oahu
Truett-Hurst, Inc. Announces Pricing Of Initial Public Offering
Gothic Thriller "Hemlock Grove" Back On Netflix For A Second Season
Enerplus Announces Investor Day Webcast Details
Morguard Sunstone Real Estate Income Fund Liquidation and Payment Schedule
Race Across America Powered By Trane Speeds Through Indiana
Lender Processing Services, Inc. Announces an Adjustment to the Consideration Mix in Its Acquisition by Fidelity National Financial, Inc.