UBM Studios Unveils eLearning Light, Offers a New Paradigm of Learning
Published on Thursday, 09 August 2012 10:19 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
CHICAGO, Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Studios, the global leader in digital events, environments and communities, today unveiled eLearning Light, an interactive and collaborative educational destination. eLearning Light is a digital environment that aggregates training and information and also serves as a robust solution to track learners' activity, comprehension and engagement.
"eLearning Light offers organizations a solution to extend learning nationally and globally to save on face-to-face training and costs. It also offers learning collaboration and the sharing of best practices in open discussions as well as rich data and reporting capabilities for educators to better understand the strengths and weaknesses of the learning program," said Michele McPhail, VP, Product Development, UBM Studios. "We created this new offering because we saw the potential of this type of learning – from increasing retention to engaging learners – it can create a new paradigm of learning."
eLearning Light is built on a robust platform that enables quick and efficient setup while still allowing the interface to meet the specifications of an organization and learning program -- live, on-demand or blended.
eLearning Light facilitates highly engaged learning interaction. It offers:
- Live Chat (Open, scheduled and/or moderated; Text, Audio or Video; and Group, Private One-on-One, Private Multi-User);
- Pre/Post Assessment Testing;
- Group Exercises/Breakout sessions;
- Video conferencing;
- Social/Informal learning;
- Discussion forums;
- Course ratings and feedback; and
- The ability to deliver a live or on demand curriculum with integrated webcasting solutions
eLearning Light also includes social tools such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and others to increase connectivity and awareness beyond the environment.
In addition, eLearning Light allows educators to track and understand the learning paths of users. Educators can track user activities including length and frequency of attendance, sessions viewed, participation in group activities/tools, materials downloaded, badges earned, and tests completed. In addition, educators can use assessment testing to understand skill gaps and learning needs to better understand modules and content that will best help learners.
Through UBM Studios' Webcast Plus integration, eLearning Light allows students to personalize the learning console to their own preferences; incorporates content to the session by pulling in YouTube videos, cross-reference supporting materials such as Wikipedia pages, other websites and much more.
About UBM Studios (www.ubmstudios.com)
UBM Studios is the global leader in digital events, environments and communities. UBM Studios creates powerful and intuitive digital communities that help organizations connect, educate and engage with audiences to capitalize on growth opportunities connecting the right content to the right audience with the right user interface. UBM Studios is part of UBM Connect – which also includes UBM Canon Media and UBM Medica US, providing marketing services across a number of communities, the largest of which are healthcare, medical device design and advanced manufacturing. UBM Connect is a UBM plc company. (UBM.L)
For additional information on UBM Studios, visit www.ubmstudios.com.
UBM plc is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewellery traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,634 staff in more than 31 countries are organised into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information, go to www.ubm.com; follow us at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM news.
773 687 4315
SOURCE UBM Studios
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines