U.S. Navy Awards General Dynamics $16 Million for Nuclear Submarine Services
Published on Thursday, 09 August 2012 10:21 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
GROTON, Conn., Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Navy has awarded General Dynamics Electric Boat a $16.3 million contract to perform nuclear-maintenance work for submarines homeported at the Naval Submarine Base in Groton. Electric Boat is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD).
Under the contract, Electric Boat will continue to operate the Nuclear Regional Maintenance Department (NRMD) at the submarine base. The company will provide project management, planning, training and radiological-control services to support maintenance, modernization and repairs. A core group of approximately 25 Electric Boat employees are assigned to the NRMD, with surge groups of up to 100 shipyard employees assigned for short periods.
The contract has a potential value of $23.6 million over 9 months.
More information about General Dynamics is available on the Internet at www.generaldynamics.com.
SOURCE General Dynamics Electric Boat
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines