Get the Industry's Economic Forecast at McGraw-Hill Construction's Outlook 2013, October 23-24 in Washington, D.C.
Published on Thursday, 09 August 2012 10:19 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
NEW YORK, Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- McGraw-Hill Construction (http://construction.com/) today announced that the 74th annual forum for construction and economic leaders, the Outlook Executive Conference, will be held October 23-24 at the JW Marriott and the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington, DC, located at 1331 Pennsylvania Avenue NW and 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, respectively. The event is expected to draw more than 300 attendees from building product manufacturing, design and architectural, contracting, engineering, and industry association firms to hear prestigious speakers, network with peers, and gain insights into the industry's prospects for the coming year.
Scheduled speakers include representatives from Harvard University, Rider Levett Bucknall, Siemens Building Technologies, Standard & Poor's, City of Philadelphia Mayor's Office, and U.S. & World Green Building Councils. As the luncheon keynote speaker, media consultant and political commentator Alex Castellanos will discuss the current political environment.
The event closes with the highly anticipated 2013 Dodge Outlook Report, a mainstay in construction industry forecasting and business planning, authored by McGraw-Hill Construction's VP of Economic Affairs, Robert Murray. According to Murray, "So far in 2012 the construction industry has seen a few bright spots, like multifamily housing, but there's also been a loss of momentum for other project types, like educational facilities. On balance, the construction industry is still struggling to gain upward traction, with only a modest 2% gain for construction starts predicted this year, after the basically flat activity that was reported during 2010 and 2011."
Will 2013 be the year when the construction industry is finally able to make the transition to a more sustained and broad-based expansion? The 2013 Dodge Outlook Report, delivered at this year's conference, will examine this question and provide a forecast for the year ahead for the major sectors of the construction industry.
In addition, and exclusively for attendees, McGraw-Hill Construction will unveil a sneak preview of a new offering to help building product manufacturers measure their market opportunity, set sales goals and measure performance.
For more information or to register, visit http://Outlook2013DC.com or call 1-800-371-3238. On Twitter, follow @MHConstruction or #MHCOutlook for news from the event, and connect on LinkedIn at http://linkd.in/MMXp3N for discussions and special offers.
The Outlook 2013 Executive Conference is produced by McGraw-Hill Construction. The Diamond Sponsor is Siemens. Platinum Sponsors include the American Institute of Steel Construction and United Rentals. CMiC is a Gold Sponsor. Hill International is a Silver Sponsor.
About McGraw-Hill Construction:
McGraw-Hill Construction's data, analytics, and media businesses—Dodge, Sweets,Architectural Record, and Engineering News-Record— create opportunities for owners, architects, engineers, contractors, building product manufacturers, and distributors to strengthen their market position, size their markets, prioritize prospects, and target and build relationships that will win more business. McGraw-Hill Construction serves more than one million customers through its trends and forecasts, industry news, and leading platform of construction data, benchmarks, and analytics. To learn more, visit www.construction.com.
About The McGraw-Hill Companies:
McGraw-Hill announced on September 12, 2011, its intention to separate into two companies: McGraw-Hill Financial, a leading provider of content and analytics to global financial markets, and McGraw-Hill Education, a leading education company focused on digital learning and education services worldwide. McGraw-Hill Financial's leading brands include Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, Platts energy information services and J.D. Power and Associates. With sales of $6.2 billion in 2011, the Corporation has approximately 23,000 employees across more than 280 offices in 40 countries. Additional information is available at http://www.mcgraw-hill.com/.
Kathy Malangone, Senior Director, Marketing Communications,
SOURCE McGraw-Hill Construction
- MILA Sector Indices Launched by S&P Dow Jones Indices
- CUSIP Global Services Projects Surge in US Corporate and Muni Bond Issuance
- McGraw Hill Financial to Begin NYSE Trading Under New 'MHFI' Stock Symbol on Tuesday, May 14 at the Opening Bell
- Platts Survey: OPEC Pumps 30.5 Million Barrels of Crude Oil Per Day in April
- S&P Dow Jones Indices Wins Intellectual Property Dispute
- S&P Capital IQ and Kuberre Systems Sign Data Facilitator Agreement
- S&P Capital IQ Receives Seven Awards in The Wall Street Journal's Best on the Street Analysts Survey For 2013
- J.D. Power & Associates Reports: Advisor/Investor Relationship Drives Full Service Investor Satisfaction
- Platts Survey: High Capital Costs and Maintaining Public Confidence Cited as Greatest Challenges Facing European Nuclear Power Markets
- Weaker Asian Olefins Contribute to 5% Drop in Global Petrochemical Prices
Related Partner Headlines
- 3 Stocks Pushing The Media Industry Higher - TheStreet.com
- McGraw-Hill Companies Incorporated (MHP): Today's Featured Media Winner - TheStreet.com
- McGraw-Hill Companies' Third Quarter Earnings Report - Investopedia
- McGraw-Hill Companies Incorporated (MHP): Today's Featured Services Winner - TheStreet.com
- McGraw-Hill Companies Stock Hits New 52-Week High (MHP) - TheStreet.com
- Who's Afraid of the CRAs? - TheStreet.com
- From Earlier: McGraw-Hill Will Acquire Kingsman Sugar Research Company - Benzinga
- McGraw-Hill Companies Reaches New 52-Week High (MHP) - TheStreet.com
- McGraw-Hill Companies Reaches New 52-Week High (MHP) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Benchmark Company Reiterates Buy Rating, Raises PT on The McGraw-Hill Companies - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲33.73 (0.97%)
In The Wires
LA Clippers NBA Apparel on Sale at SportsFanPlayground.com
Prom Dresses Deals For Summer Announced by AmorModa.com
MS Tûranor PlanetSolar Sets World Speed Record for Transatlantic Crossing by Solar Electric Vessel
Zamansky & Associates LLC Announces Its Investigation of Financial Advisor John Pritchard of Raymond James Morgan Keegan And Oppenheimer
HomeThangs.com Introduces A Guide To Choosing A Professional Quality Range Hood
Texas Adds More Jobs Than Any Other State in Country, EmploymentCrossing Finds 185,000 Jobs in State
Torrance Moving Company provides useful information about planning a summer move!
ForexMinute Now Offers Minute to Minute Bitcoins News for Online Traders and Brokers