General Dynamics Awarded $27 Million to Deliver IT Services to Naval Meteorology and Oceanography Command
Published on Thursday, 09 August 2012 13:09 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
FAIRFAX, Va., Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- General Dynamics Information Technology, a business unit of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), was awarded a contract in March 2012 by the U.S. Department of the Navy to provide information technology and mission sustainment services to the Naval Meteorology and Oceanography Command (NAVMETOCCOM). The three-year, indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract has a potential value of $27.1 million if all options are exercised.
General Dynamics will provide a full range of information technology (IT) services and support for NAVMETOCCOM systems, software and infrastructure. As part of this contract, General Dynamics will leverage its expertise in portal design, development and integration to support the Navy Enterprise Portal – Oceanography, which provides military, scientific and civilian communities with public access to critical oceanography information.
"We understand the importance of a robust, well-integrated IT infrastructure and have the skills and expertise to be a true partner in this effort," said Marcus Collier, senior vice president, Health and Civilian Solutions Division, General Dynamics Information Technology. "We will continue to support the Naval Meteorology and Oceanography Command as it provides information to warfighters that helps them prepare for specific battlespaces and assess environmental factors that could impact their missions."
General Dynamics has worked with the NAVMETOCCOM since 1986.
Work under this contract will support the Commander, Naval Meteorology and Oceanography Command and its Echelon IV organizations including: The Naval Oceanographic Office, Naval Oceanography Operations Command, Stennis Space Center, Miss.; Fleet Numerical Meteorology and Oceanography Center, Monterey, Calif.; U.S. Naval Observatory, Washington D.C.; and their respective Echelon V subordinate sites.
For more information about General Dynamics Information Technology, please visit www.gdit.com.
More information about General Dynamics is available online at www.generaldynamics.com.
SOURCE General Dynamics Information Technology
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines