MEMC Electronic Materials - Worst Performing Semiconductor - Mid-Day Update
Published on Friday, 10 August 2012 11:52 Written by Danny Miller
New York, August 10th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index is trading higher at $404.51, representing 0.13% from its previous close. The semiconductor index is having an overall mixed day with 12 index components trading higher.
Broadcom (NASDAQ:BRCM) is the top performer of the semis, trading at $35.15, which represents 2.39%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Broadcom, the provider of chips that enable broadband digital data transmission have defined support at $28.60 and resistance at $34.83.
STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) is also among the top performers, currently trading at $5.98 representing 0.84% from its previous close. STMicroelectronics, the semiconductor integrated circuits and discrete devices maker has calculated support and resistance levels at $5.14 and $5.94 respectively. The other top performer of the semis is MKS Instruments (NASDAQ:MKSI), which is trading at $27.1 representing 0.63% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR) that is trading at $2.52 or -3.27% from the previous close. Shares of MEMC Electronic Materials, the silicon wafers producer have defined support at $1.68 and resistance at $2.87. Also among the worst performers is Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD), which is currently trading at $4.27 representing -2.29% from the previous trading session.
Today, the Semis are outperforming the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines