TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:MCD, HPQ, AA, CSCO, AXP
Published on Friday, 10 August 2012 12:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, August 10th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 13144.8, which represents -0.15% versus its previous trading session close, with 11 of its components trading positively.
McDonald's (NYSE:MCD) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $87.88 representing 0.84% versus the previous trading session. Shares of McDonald's, the largest restaurant chain in the world have defined support at $87.62 and resistance at $90.76.
Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $19.52 representing 0.57% from its previous close. Hewlett Packard, the maker of printers and personal computers has calculated support and resistance levels at $17.41 and $19.75 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Alcoa (NYSE:AA), which is trading at $8.91 representing 0.56% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO) that is trading at $17.47 or -1.3% from the previous close. Shares of Cisco, the networking giant have defined support at $14.96 and resistance at $17.21. Also among the worst performers we have American Express (NYSE:AXP), which is trading at $55.9 representing -1.01% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for August delivery is also trading lower at $92.66 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1400.31, which represents -0.18% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3010.66 that represents -0.26% from previous session.
- Worst Performing Dow Component: Cisco
- Alcoa Is in a Tight Range between the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: BA, UTX, AA
- Is Cisco Ready for a Rest?
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Higher Top Performers: CSCO, NTAP, FFIV
- Dow's Top Performers :CSCO, HPQ, IBM
- Approaching Resistance: Cisco
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Lower Top Performers: AXP, PG, WMT
- Dow's Top Performers :BAC, JPM, HPQ
- Critical Alerts For American Express, Mosaic, Blackstone Group, Molycorp, and Solar City Released By InvestorsObserver
Related Partner Headlines
- Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
- Meraki Acquisition Brings "Simple" and "Secure" Cloud Managed Networks to Cisco - Benzinga
- Stock Futures Rise as Budget Talks Spur Optimism - TheStreet.com
- Stocks To Watch For November 19, 2012 - Benzinga
- Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire Meraki for $1.2B - Benzinga
- Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Should the Alarms Sound at F5 Networks? - TheStreet.com
- Jim Cramer: Washington Pulls the Rug Out - TheStreet.com
- Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Winner - TheStreet.com
- Cisco CFO Looks Toward LTE Dollars - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,335.28 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▼19.12 (-0.12%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,666.29 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▼1.18 (-0.07%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,496.43 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼2.54 (-0.07%)
In The Wires
HGST Launches The Highest Capacity Hard Drive For The Mainstream Mobile Market
Social Media and Digital Agencies Will Vanish Within Ten Years
DMAi Announces Chairperson For The Convention
JJsHouse Recommends Its Best-Selling Cocktail Dresses To Customers Worldwide
British Government Has No Business Interfering With BP Claims Payments, Says Attorney for Businesses Filing BP Claims
Real Estate SEO Web Development Toolkit Shows Promise For Future of Web Development
The Leading Hotels of the World, in Collaboration with BiancaFilm and Rai Cinema, Present Viaagio Sola
Brown Trucking Company Selects Comdata