Semis Stocks Round Up - Lower: NVDA, LLTC, NVLS
Published on Monday, 13 August 2012 16:51 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, August 13th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded lower at $402.43, representing -0.87% from its previous close. The semiconductor index tumbled with 24 index components on the negative side.
NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $14.79, which represents 1.12%. from the previous trading session. Shares of NVIDIA, the world leader in visual computing technologies have defined support at $12.16 and resistance at $13.75.
Linear Technology (NASDAQ:LLTC) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $33.14 representing 0.03% from its previous close. Linear Technology, the maker of linear integrated circuits has calculated support and resistance levels at $29.28 and $32.65 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Novellus Systems (NASDAQ:NVLS), which traded at $40.39 representing 0% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO) that traded at $35.46 or -6.12% from the previous close. Shares of Veeco Instruments, the provider of process equipment solutions have defined support at $33.60 and resistance at $38.35. Also among the worst performers was STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM), which closed at $5.84 representing -2.99% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis underperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines