Brokers Higher In Focus:JEF, ETFC, AMTD
Published on Monday, 13 August 2012 17:07 Written by Danny Miller
New York, August 13th (TradersHuddle.com) - The overall market traded lower with the S&P 500 losing 0.13%. Stocks of Broker / Dealers traded higher, with NYSE Broker/Dealer index closing the session at $80.272, which represents 0.18% versus previous day close. The index , it had 6 out of 10 components trading higher.
Jefferies (NYSE:JEF) was the top performer of the sector today, closing at $13.36 representing 1.21% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Jefferies, the independent full service global securities services and investment banking firm, have defined support at $11.82 and resistance at $13.49.
E*TRADE (NASDAQ:ETFC) was also among the top performers, closed the trading session at $8.51 representing 1.07% from its previous close. E*TRADE, the online brokerage and financial services provider for individual retail investors has calculated support and resistance levels at $7.25 and $8.62 respectively. The other top performer was TD Ameritrade (NASDAQ:AMTD), which closed the trading session at $16.74 representing 0.97% from the previous session.
The sector's worst performers include Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS) that closed the trading session at $14.55 or -0.41% from the previous close. Shares of Morgan Stanley, the operator of a global securities business have defined support at $12.98 and resistance at $14.73. Also among the worst performers was Raymond James (NYSE:RJF), which closed the trading session at $34.46 representing -0.29% from the previous session.
- Bulls taking over on Regal-Beloit?
- Is Regal-Beloit Trade Over?
- Bulls and Bears on the Trenches of Regal-Beloit
- Are the Bears Taking Control over Regal-Beloit?
- Regal Beloit Corporation To Present At The Morgan Stanley Industrials & Autos Conference
- Regal-Beloit, Reversal Soon?
- Regal-Beloit Upside Looming?
- Bulls taking Control of Regal-Beloit?
- Regal Beloit Corporation To Present At The Jefferies 2013 Global Industrials Conference
- Regal-Beloit Formed a Bearish Engulfing Candle
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines