Coca Cola: Waiting for Direction
Published on Tuesday, 14 August 2012 04:45 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, August 14th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Coca Cola Co. (NYSE:KO) closed the trading day lower by $39.49 or -50.12% from its previous close. Coca Cola's price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE:KO) manufactures, markets, and distributes soft drink concentrates and syrups. The company also distributes and markets juice and juice-drink products. Coca-Cola, which owns one of the most valuables brands in the world, sells its finished beverage products primarily to distributors, and beverage concentrates and syrups to bottling and canning operators. The Coca-Cola Company was founded in 1886 and is based in Atlanta, GA.
Coca Cola's trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $36.74 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $40.67. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Coca Cola or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Coca Cola, given that the stock finished the session lower, bears should monitor the stock, as it could reverse if it manages to trade above its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: The Law Firm of Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Launches an Investigation into Possible Breaches of Fiduciary Duty by the Board of Directors of TripAdvisor Inc.
- The 10 Best Cities for Families
- TripAdvisor Global Study Reveals Americans Are Planning To Travel More Domestically But Steady Their Spending In 2014
- Deep Nishar and Spencer Rascoff Join TripAdvisor's Board of Directors
- TripAdvisor to Present at the UBS Best of Americas Conference
- Marc Charron Appointed President Of TripAdvisor For Business
- Where to Find the Best Cruise Deals This Fall
- Tripadvisor Survey Reveals Labor Day Travel Plans Are Up Six Percent This Year
- TripAdvisor Unleashes The Top 10 Pet-Friendly Properties In The U.S.
- TripAdvisor to Participate in the 33rd Annual Canaccord Genuity Growth Conference
Related Partner Headlines