John Croft Joins Aviation Week as Avionics & Safety Editor
Published on Tuesday, 14 August 2012 13:34 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
Subject matter expertise continues to expand Aviation Week technology coverage
NEW YORK, Aug. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Aviation journalist and former NASA engineer John Croft has joined Aviation Week's Avionics & Safety editorial team as Avionics & Safety editor based in Washington.
Most recently, Croft was Americas Editor for Flight International, covering a wide variety of beats—including avionics, commercial aircraft engines, helicopters, flight simulators, safety, space, and unmanned vehicles. Croft developed a strong online social media presence for his blog AsTheCroftFlies, along with a YouTube channel and Twitter feed. His most recent feature included an exclusive update on the April 2011 accident involving the Gulfstream G650 long-range business jet.
Early in his career, Croft led engineering teams in the design, test and manufacture of satellite guidance, navigation and control systems, working on such programs as the Explorer Platform (EP) and the X-ray Timing Explorer (XTE) missions. Croft also is a multiengine-rated pilot and flight instructor.
"We are thrilled to welcome John to the Aviation Week team," says Anthony L. Velocci, Jr., Aviation Week group editorial director and editor-in-chief of Aviation Week & Space Technology. "As a subject expert and widely respected journalist, he will be a valuable addition to our team of reporters recognized for their insightful coverage of aviation and aerospace technologies. His addition will expand our capability to deliver to industry professionals the most authoritative avionics and safety analysis available anywhere."
About Aviation Week:
Aviation Week, a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies, is the largest multimedia information and services provider for the global aviation, aerospace and defense industries. Industry professionals rely on Aviation Week for analysis, marketing and intelligence. Customers include the world's leading manufacturers, suppliers, airlines, militaries, governments and other organizations that serve this global market. Aviation Week produces data and analytics services including the Aviation Week Intelligence Network (AWIN), industry-leading events around the world, as well as ShowNews and Business & Commercial Aviation.
On July 2, 2012, the group's flagship Aviation Week & Space Technology (AW&ST) relaunched with an even greater focus on technology, business and operations that has long been the brand's hallmark. In addition to civil, military and space, AW&ST's market coverage is further expanded with new monthly Defense Technology and MRO editions to include land and sea and aftermarket insights.
Aviation Week's 2012 digital expansion includes a redesigned AviationWeek.com for deeper community engagement and navigation and a comprehensive technology upgrade to the Aviation Week Intelligence Network (AWIN). AWIN, the industry's essential integrated business tool, now has increased capability through more fleet and MRO data and an expanded team of data analysts.
About The McGraw-Hill Companies:
McGraw-Hill announced on September 12, 2011, its intention to separate into two companies: McGraw-Hill Financial, a leading provider of content and analytics to global financial markets, and McGraw-Hill Education, a leading education company focused on digital learning and education services worldwide. McGraw-Hill Financial's leading brands include Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, Platts energy information services and J.D. Power and Associates. With sales of $6.2 billion in 2011, the Corporation has approximately 23,000 employees across more than 280 offices in 40 countries. Additional information is available at http://www.mcgraw-hill.com/.
SOURCE Aviation Week
- McGraw-Hill Education Opens Technology R&D Center in Boston's "Innovation District"
- MILA Sector Indices Launched by S&P Dow Jones Indices
- CUSIP Global Services Projects Surge in US Corporate and Muni Bond Issuance
- McGraw Hill Financial to Begin NYSE Trading Under New 'MHFI' Stock Symbol on Tuesday, May 14 at the Opening Bell
- Platts Survey: OPEC Pumps 30.5 Million Barrels of Crude Oil Per Day in April
- S&P Dow Jones Indices Wins Intellectual Property Dispute
- S&P Capital IQ and Kuberre Systems Sign Data Facilitator Agreement
- S&P Capital IQ Receives Seven Awards in The Wall Street Journal's Best on the Street Analysts Survey For 2013
- J.D. Power & Associates Reports: Advisor/Investor Relationship Drives Full Service Investor Satisfaction
- Platts Survey: High Capital Costs and Maintaining Public Confidence Cited as Greatest Challenges Facing European Nuclear Power Markets
Related Partner Headlines
- 3 Stocks Pushing The Media Industry Higher - TheStreet.com
- McGraw-Hill Companies Incorporated (MHP): Today's Featured Media Winner - TheStreet.com
- McGraw-Hill Companies' Third Quarter Earnings Report - Investopedia
- McGraw-Hill Companies Incorporated (MHP): Today's Featured Services Winner - TheStreet.com
- McGraw-Hill Companies Stock Hits New 52-Week High (MHP) - TheStreet.com
- Who's Afraid of the CRAs? - TheStreet.com
- From Earlier: McGraw-Hill Will Acquire Kingsman Sugar Research Company - Benzinga
- McGraw-Hill Companies Reaches New 52-Week High (MHP) - TheStreet.com
- McGraw-Hill Companies Reaches New 52-Week High (MHP) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Benchmark Company Reiterates Buy Rating, Raises PT on The McGraw-Hill Companies - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,318.23 Trade time:4:34PM EDT Value change:▲138.38 (0.91%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,651.81 Trade time:4:34PM EDT Value change:▲12.77 (0.78%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,482.18 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲30.05 (0.87%)
In The Wires
Boeing, CIT Announce Order for 30 737 MAX 8s
LDK Solar Announces Worldwide Extension and Advanced Features of Warranty Insurance
Tetragon Financial Group Limited (TFG) Announcement
Ektron And Rackspace Collaborate To Deliver Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Hosting To Customers
Raytheon's Satellite Air Navigation System marks 10 years of continuous service in the US
Raytheon's latest air traffic management systems go into continuous operation at two of the world's busiest airports
One Night Only! "Hot" Live Girls On The TV Land Stage Wednesday Night!
Newsbyte: SAP® Solutions Transform the World's Largest Sailing Event, 2013 Kieler Woche