NASDAQ 100 Worst Performer: Check Point Software
Published on Tuesday, 14 August 2012 13:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, August 14th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is higher trading at 2732.63, which represents 0.14% versus its previous close. The index is mixed for the day with slightly more than 50% of its components on the green.
NII Holdings (NASDAQ:NIHD) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $6.86 representing 4.73% from its previous trading session. Shares of NII Holdings, the Latin America wireless communications provider have defined support at $5.65 and resistance at $8.45.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:VRTX) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $53.71 representing 4.45% from its previous close. Vertex Pharmaceuticals, the biotechnology company focused on developing novel small molecule pharmaceuticals, has calculated support and resistance levels at $46.03 and $52.37 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Sears Holdings (NASDAQ:SHLD), which is trading at $55.68 representing 2.43% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Check Point Software (NASDAQ:CHKP), which is trading at $48.31 or -4.73% from the prior close. Shares of Check Point Software, the Israeli based security software solutions provider have defined support at $47.50 and resistance at $51.88. Also among the worst performers Research In Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM), which is trading at $7.77 representing -3.72% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 13184.5, which represents 0.11% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1405.93 that represents 0.13% from its previous close.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines