Top Performing Dow Component: Cisco
Published on Wednesday, 15 August 2012 12:35 Written by Danny Miller
New York, August 15th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 13179.4, which represents 0.06% versus its previous trading session close, with half of its components trading positively.
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $17.49 representing 1.83% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Cisco, the networking giant have defined support at $14.96 and resistance at $17.79.
American Express (NYSE:AXP) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $56.73 representing 1.16% from its previous close. American Express, the credit card issuer and travel services company has calculated support and resistance levels at $55.37 and $59.07 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Home Depot (NYSE:HD), which is trading at $55.28 representing 1.04% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Boeing (NYSE:BA) that is trading at $73.14 or -0.91% from the previous close. Shares of Boeing, the maker of the 787 Dreamliner have defined support at $71.15 and resistance at $75.96. Also among the worst performers we have Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT), which is trading at $87.22 representing -0.74% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for August delivery is also trading higher at $92.66 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1406.26, which represents 0.17% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3031.33 that represents 0.48% from previous session.
- Dow's Top Performers :PG, WMT, CSCO
- The Home Depot Declares First Quarter Dividend Of 39 Cents
- Top Performing Dow Component: Hewlett Packard
- The Home Depot to Speak at Goldman Sachs Fourth Annual dotCommerce Day
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:PFE, HD, JPM, MSFT, CSCO
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: HD, JPM, MCD
- Boeing Begins Certification Testing on 747-8 Performance Improvements
- The Home Depot Foundation Creates $1 Million Fund for Spring Storm Relief and Recovery Efforts
- Cisco Is Near Resistance
- The Home Depot Announces First Quarter Results; Raises Fiscal Year 2013 Guidance
Related Partner Headlines
- Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
- Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Home Depot (HD) Higher - TheStreet.com
- WalMart May Still Get Its Bank: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Meraki Acquisition Brings "Simple" and "Secure" Cloud Managed Networks to Cisco - Benzinga
- Stock Futures Rise as Budget Talks Spur Optimism - TheStreet.com
- Stocks To Watch For November 19, 2012 - Benzinga
- Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire Meraki for $1.2B - Benzinga
- Local Businesses Take on Big-Box Retailers - TheStreet.com
- 3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: Nov. 16 - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
Great Discounts Now: DressFirst.com's Prom Dresses
JM Internet (@jmgrp) Releases Small Business SEO Tip on Google Penguin Update 2.0
TideBuy.com Released Its New Bridal Lingerie Collection To Enrich Its Product Line
HomeThangs.com Introduces A Guide To Very Small Bathroom Vanities
Discounted Wedding Accessories Now At TBdress.com
UAE Men’s Grooming Products Market to Surpass USD 84 Million by 2018 Says TechSci Research
Care Continuum Alliance Filed Comments with EEOC in Support of the Value of Worksite Wellness and Incentives
JJsHouse Is Now Providing Big Discounts On Its Bridesmaid Dresses