NASDAQ 100's Top Performers: AKAM, FSLR, CERN
Published on Wednesday, 15 August 2012 13:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, August 15th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is higher trading at 2732.94, which represents 0.19% versus its previous close. The index is mixed for the day with slightly more than 50% of its components on the green.
Akamai (NASDAQ:AKAM) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $37.16 representing 4.85% from its previous trading session. Shares of Akamai, the provider of delivery services for streaming media have defined support at $34.28 and resistance at $36.42.
First Solar (NASDAQ:FSLR) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $20.83 representing 3.97% from its previous close. First Solar, the largest maker of thin film solar modules in the world, has calculated support and resistance levels at $13.81 and $22.12 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Cerner (NASDAQ:CERN), which is trading at $74.12 representing 3.68% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Staples (NASDAQ:SPLS), which is trading at $11.08 or -17.62% from the prior close. Shares of Staples, the office supplies, furniture, and technology retailer have defined support at $12.10 and resistance at $13.49. Also among the worst performers Millicom (NYSE:MI), which is trading at $15.25 representing -2.24% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 13160.5, which represents -0.09% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1404.6 that represents 0.05% from its previous close.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines