PepsiCo Names Debra Crew President, PepsiCo Americas Beverages
Published on Thursday, 16 August 2012 09:35 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
PURCHASE, N.Y., Aug. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- PepsiCo, Inc. (NYSE: PEP) announced today that Debra Crew has been named president, PepsiCo Americas Beverages.
In this new expanded role, Crew will oversee PepsiCo's Gatorade and Tropicana business in North America, its Latin America Beverages business, as well as the company's North America warehouse sales organization and Beverage Growth Ventures Group. She will report to PepsiCo Americas Beverages CEO Al Carey and be based in Chicago. Sarah Robb O'Hagan, who had served as president of Gatorade, is leaving PepsiCo to pursue other opportunities.
The new role is consistent with PepsiCo's strategy announced earlier this year to drive more integration, collaboration and efficiency across its businesses.
Crew, who currently serves as president of PepsiCo's Western Europe business and also has responsibility for commercial and innovation planning across the company's Europe sector, is one of PepsiCo's rising executive leaders. She has strong multi-category experience, and is a seasoned global leader in international brand building, general management, product development and innovation.
Prior to joining PepsiCo, Crew worked for Mars, Inc. as general manager and a chief marketing officer. Crew also spent a number of years in leadership and brand management roles at Kraft Foods, where her experience included foodservice, snacks and desserts. She also held senior roles at Nestle. Crew earned her MBA from the University of Chicago and her BA from the University of Denver, and previously served as an officer in the U.S. Army.
PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra Nooyi said: "Debra is a highly respected executive within PepsiCo and I'm delighted to have her move into this critically important role. She brings strong leadership and diverse experience across multiple food and beverage categories to her new position and will be a driver of continued growth across the businesses she'll be overseeing."
"We thank Sarah for everything she contributed to Gatorade's continued success as one of the world's leading sports nutrition brands," Nooyi continued. "She leaves behind a very healthy business and a strong bench of talent at Gatorade, and we wish her all the best in the future."
As part of the new structure, the company will name new leaders at Gatorade and Western Europe in the coming weeks.
"I'm thrilled to be joining the team in Chicago," Crew said. "Gatorade and Tropicana are undisputed categories leaders, we have a strong and growing beverage business throughout Latin America, and we have highly attractive opportunities for incremental growth throughout our beverage portfolio. I look forward to working with our teams to fully maximize these opportunities moving forward."
Crew joined PepsiCo in April 2010 as president of PepsiCo's Western Europe business, based in Geneva.
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with net revenues of more than $65 billion and a product portfolio that includes 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola – make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo's promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages for local tastes; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment by conserving energy and water and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support and invest in the local communities where we operate. For more information, please visit www.pepsico.com.
SOURCE PepsiCo, Inc.
- PepsiCo Announces Timing of Second Quarter 2013 Earnings Release and Investor Call
- Mountain Dew® and Doritos® Brands Will Offer THOUSANDS of Microsoft Xbox One Systems through Biggest Gaming Promotion in Brand History
- Brisk® Iced Tea Launches Bodega Platform To Serve As An Intersection Of Music, Art And Culture For Fans
- PepsiCo and Theo Muller Group Open Muller Quaker Dairy Yogurt Manufacturing Facility
- Gatorade, NFL and MLS Launch Beat the Heat Campaign to Educate Athletes, Parents and Coaches About Heat-Related Illnesses
- Critical Alerts For PepsiCo, AmerisourceBergen, Advance Auto Parts, 3D Systems, and Blucora Released By InvestorsObserver
- Pepsi® and Mountain Dew® Kick off an "Iconic Summer" with Prizes and Exclusive fan experiences
- PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra Nooyi to Present at the Sanford Bernstein Strategic Decisions Conference
- SunChips Brand And Susan G. Komen Partner To Support Education And Early Detection Of Breast Cancer
- Lay's Brand Names Cheesy Garlic Bread Flavored Potato Chips As 'Do Us A Flavor' Contest Winner; Creator Receives $1 Million Or More In Grand Prize Winnings
Related Partner Headlines
- Find Fiscal Cliff Safety in Pepsi, Varian Medical - TheStreet.com
- PepsiCo Inc Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (PEP) - TheStreet.com
- PepsiCo Inc Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (PEP) - TheStreet.com
- Tingyi, Pepsi Open New Beverage Plant in Zhengzhou, China - Benzinga
- PepsiCo, Suntory Announce Strategic Beverage Alliance in Vietnam - Benzinga
- PepsiCo Inc (PEP): Today's Featured Food & Beverage Laggard - TheStreet.com
- PepsiCo Shows That Snacks And Sodas Aren't Bulletproof (PEP, KO, KRFT, COT) - Investopedia
- PepsiCo Turnaround Under Way as Third Quarter Beats Expectations - Benzinga
- PepsiCo Third Quarter Earnings - Investopedia
- UPDATE: PepsiCo Posts Upbeat Q3 Profit - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,179.85 Trade time:4:33PM EDT Value change:▲109.67 (0.73%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,639.04 Trade time:4:33PM EDT Value change:▲12.31 (0.76%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,452.13 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Boston Scientific Vercise™ DBS System demonstrates Improvement In Motor Function For Patients With Parkinson's Disease
Neusoft Named Again to PwC's Global 100 Software Leaders
BNK Petroleum Inc. announces Annual General Meeting date and operations update
Softwarefit.com Now Offering CRM Software Reviews and Comparisons
New AMX Enova Fiber Solution Breaks New Barriers
eMazzanti Launches Microsoft Office 365 Test Drive for New York and New Jersey Area Businesses
Foundation Financial Group Wins Atlanta Pacesetter Award
AC Blower Motor Replacement Parts Now Marked Down for Consumers at AutoProsUSA.com