Semis Stocks Mid-Day Round Up - Higher: STM, SNDK, RBCN
Published on Thursday, 16 August 2012 11:52 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, August 16th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index is trading higher at $405.03, representing 0.88% from its previous close. The semiconductor index is exhibiting strong upside with 23 index components on the plus side.
STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) is the top performer of the semis, trading at $6.12, which represents 4.08%. from the previous trading session. Shares of STMicroelectronics, the semiconductor integrated circuits and discrete devices maker have defined support at $5.14 and resistance at $6.04.
SanDisk (NASDAQ:SNDK) is also among the top performers, currently trading at $42.78 representing 2.94% from its previous close. SanDisk, the provider of flash data storage products has calculated support and resistance levels at $32.08 and $42.60 respectively. The other top performer of the semis is Rubicon Technology (NASDAQ:RBCN), which is trading at $9.49 representing 2.26% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Applied Materials (NASDAQ:AMAT) that is trading at $11.47 or -2.8% from the previous close. Shares of Applied Materials, the provider of nano-manufacturing technology solutions have defined support at $10.22 and resistance at $12.00. Also among the worst performers is Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD), which is currently trading at $4.15 representing -0.95% from the previous trading session.
Today, the Semis are outperforming the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines