TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:CSCO, MSFT, AXP, WMT, JPM
Published on Thursday, 16 August 2012 12:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, August 16th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 13234.2, which represents 0.53% versus its previous trading session close, with 23 of its components trading in positive territory.
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $18.78 representing 8.24% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Cisco, the networking giant have defined support at $14.96 and resistance at $17.79.
Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $30.63 representing 1.43% from its previous close. Microsoft, the maker of Windows operating software has calculated support and resistance levels at $28.78 and $30.65 respectively. The other top performer this morning is American Express (NYSE:AXP), which is trading at $57.27 representing 1.08% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) that is trading at $71.97 or -3.33% from the previous close. Shares of Wal-Mart, the biggest retailer in the world have defined support at $57.18 and resistance at $75.24. Also among the worst performers we have JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM), which is trading at $36.85 representing -0.59% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for August delivery is also trading higher at $84.02 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $-1.97 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1413.46, which represents 0.56% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3055.1 that represents 0.8% from previous session.
- Wal-Mart Bullish Signs
- Dow's Top Performers :PG, WMT, CSCO
- Is JP Morgan Closing in to Resistance?
- Walmart Statement on Hisense Sero 7 Tablet Launch
- Top Performing Dow Component: Hewlett Packard
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:PFE, HD, JPM, MSFT, CSCO
- Dan Bartlett Joins Walmart as Executive Vice President of Corporate Affairs
- Walmart and Sam's Club Celebrate Nationwide Launch to Hire Veterans During its Saluting Heroes Together Event in San Antonio
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: HD, JPM, MCD
- Cisco Is Near Resistance
Related Partner Headlines
- Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
- Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
- WalMart May Still Get Its Bank: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Meraki Acquisition Brings "Simple" and "Secure" Cloud Managed Networks to Cisco - Benzinga
- Stock Futures Rise as Budget Talks Spur Optimism - TheStreet.com
- Stocks To Watch For November 19, 2012 - Benzinga
- Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire Meraki for $1.2B - Benzinga
- Local Businesses Take on Big-Box Retailers - TheStreet.com
- 3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: Nov. 16 - TheStreet.com
- Walmart's "Meh" Quarter Doesn't Excite Investors (WMT, TGT, COST, AMZN) - Investopedia
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
U.S. Gold Coin Sales Increase Despite Floundering Gold Coin Prices, Reports Gold Coin
Singapore Escort Services Launches New Classifieds Service for Both Female & Male Escorts
PokerChipsWest Offers the Largest Sale of the Year for Father's Day
Slow Healing: Cell Therapy in the US Industry Market Research Report Now Available from IBISWorld
Software Company Anahata Launches On-Site Custom Software Assessment Campaign
Austria Cards and Payments Industry Expected to Grow at US$58.9 Billion By 2017 in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
Destin, FL Hotel Coupon and Promo Codes
Volkswagen Polo GT Serves Indian Market as A Brand New Treat, Reports Gaadi.com