NASDAQ 100 Top Performer: Cisco
Published on Thursday, 16 August 2012 13:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, August 16th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is higher trading at 2765.87, which represents 1.11% versus its previous close. The index is mixed for the day with slightly more than 50% of its components on the green.
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $18.78 representing 8.24% from its previous trading session. Shares of Cisco, the networking giant have defined support at $14.96 and resistance at $17.79.
Sears Holdings (NASDAQ:SHLD) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $59.57 representing 5.25% from its previous close. Sears Holdings, the holding company that owns and operates the Sears and Kmart retail chains, has calculated support and resistance levels at $50.25 and $53.91 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Check Point Software (NASDAQ:CHKP), which is trading at $50.8 representing 4.63% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Perrigo (NASDAQ:PRGO), which is trading at $109.46 or -6.12% from the prior close. Shares of Perrigo, the store brand over-the-counter pharmaceutical products have defined support at $110.45 and resistance at $117.46. Also among the worst performers NII Holdings (NASDAQ:NIHD), which is trading at $6.53 representing -5.91% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 13241.8, which represents 0.59% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1414.51 that represents 0.64% from its previous close.
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: HD, JPM, MCD
- Cisco Is Near Resistance
- Worst Performing Dow Component: Cisco
- NASDAQ 100 Top Performer: NII Holdings
- Is Cisco Ready for a Rest?
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Higher Top Performers: CSCO, NTAP, FFIV
- Dow's Top Performers :CSCO, HPQ, IBM
- Approaching Resistance: Cisco
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Flat Top Performers: NFLX, NIHD, SIRI
- Trading Idea: Is Cisco Breaking Out?
Related Partner Headlines
- Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
- Meraki Acquisition Brings "Simple" and "Secure" Cloud Managed Networks to Cisco - Benzinga
- Stock Futures Rise as Budget Talks Spur Optimism - TheStreet.com
- Stocks To Watch For November 19, 2012 - Benzinga
- Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire Meraki for $1.2B - Benzinga
- Sears Stock Falls On Unusually High Volume (SHLD) - TheStreet.com
- Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (CHKP) - TheStreet.com
- Should the Alarms Sound at F5 Networks? - TheStreet.com
- Jim Cramer: Washington Pulls the Rug Out - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Sears Posts Narrower-Than-Expected Q3 Loss - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Is Priceline.com Coming Down?
Google Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Above Resistance: United Technologies
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Devon Energy Breaks Resistance
Micron Technology Is Near a Key Resistance Area
IMAX Is Moving Above Resistance
Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,415.88 Trade time:2:41PM EDT Value change:▲80.60 (0.53%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,672.51 Trade time:2:41PM EDT Value change:▲6.22 (0.37%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,506.03 Trade time:2:41PM EDT Value change:▲9.60 (0.27%)
In The Wires
LKA Gold Deliveries From Exploration Program Up 90% Over Year-Ago Period.
RBC and Golf Canada announce Ronald McDonald House Charities Canada as the official charity partner for the RBC Canadian Open
Quest Diagnostics Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
Few Alaska Airlines Flights Affected by Volcanic Activity in Alaska
JW Marriott New Orleans Teams Up With Sterling Vineyards for an Unforgettable Wine Dinner May 22
Microsoft unveils Xbox One: the ultimate all-in-one home entertainment system
Microsoft and National Football League announce multiyear landmark partnership to enhance the game for fans, players and coaches
GDT Tek is officially an Industry Partner with the EPA-CHP