Broker Dealer Stocks Underperfomed: NMR, SCHW, JEF
Published on Thursday, 16 August 2012 17:07 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, August 16th (TradersHuddle.com) - The overall market traded higher with the S&P 500 adding 0.71%. Stocks of Broker / Dealers also traded higher, with NYSE Broker/Dealer index closing the session at $80.602, which represents 0.62% versus previous day close. The index , it had 9 out of 10 components trading higher.
Nomura (NYSE:NMR) was the top performer of the sector today, closing at $3.52 representing 3.69% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Nomura, the global finanicial services company based in Tokyo, Japan, have defined support at $3.40 and resistance at $3.64.
Charles Schwab (NYSE:SCHW) was also among the top performers, closed the trading session at $13.31 representing 1.99% from its previous close. Charles Schwab, the securities brokerage, banking, and other related financial services provider has calculated support and resistance levels at $11.99 and $13.33 respectively. The other top performer was Jefferies (NYSE:JEF), which closed the trading session at $13.61 representing 1.8% from the previous session.
The sector's worst performers include Interactive Brokers (NASDAQ:IBKR) that closed the trading session at $13.55 or -0.29% from the previous close. Shares of Interactive Brokers, the automated global electronic market maker and broker have defined support at $13.20 and resistance at $13.95. Also among the worst performers was E*TRADE (NASDAQ:ETFC), which closed the trading session at $8.55 representing 0.23% from the previous session.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines