Bulls and Bears on the Trenches of United Microelectronics
Published on Friday, 17 August 2012 04:21 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, August 17th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of United Microelectronics Corporation (NYSE:UMC) closed the trading day lower by $0.01 or -0.47% from its previous close. United Microelectronics' price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
United Microelectronics Corporation (NYSE:UMC) manufactures, and markets integrated circuits and related electronic products. The company specializes in contract manufacturing of customer designed integrated circuits for semiconductor applications. Its main products are integrated circutis for consumer electronic, memory, personal computer, peripherals, communications.
United Microelectronics' trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $2.04 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $2.22. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in United Microelectronics or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of United Microelectronics, given that the stock finished the session lower, bears should monitor the stock, as it could reverse if it manages to trade above its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- Is United Microelectronics Reversing?
- UMC Reports Sales for April 2013
- UMC Reports First Quarter 2013 Results
- Top Tech Analyst Previews Earnings for DragonWave, EZchip Semiconductor, Nvidia, United Microelectronics and Towerstream
- United Microelectronics Formed a Tweezer Top
- United Microelectronics: Ready for some Upside?
- Bears taking over United Microelectronics?
- United Microelectronics Corporation to Report First Quarter 2013 Financial Results on May 08, 2013 US Time
- UMC Announces Resource and Energy Productivity Improvement Goals
- Trading Idea - United Microelectronics A Doji Close
Related Partner Headlines
- UMC Q3 Net Profit Up 24.1% - Benzinga
- United Microelectronics September Sales Up 11.5% y/y - Benzinga
- UMC Sales Surge 19.5% In August - Benzinga
- UMC Q2 Net Profit Down 6.3% - Benzinga
- UPDATE: JP Morgan Upgrades United Microelectronics to Overweight on Attractive Valuation - Benzinga
- UMC May Sales Down 2% y/y - Benzinga
- United Microelectronics Corp. Stock Downgraded (UMC) - TheStreet.com
- UMC April Sales Down 4.6% y/y - Benzinga
- United Microelectronics Corp. Stock Upgraded (UMC) - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,335.28 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▼19.12 (-0.12%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,666.29 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▼1.18 (-0.07%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,496.43 Trade time:4:49PM EDT Value change:▼2.54 (-0.07%)
In The Wires
Lifeway Foods, Inc. Declares Second Annual Dividend
Live Nation Entertainment Sells Foxwoods Theatre
Kingtone Wirelessinfo Solution Holding Ltd to Report its Unaudited Financial Results for the First Six Months of Fiscal Year 2013 on May 23, 2013
China New Borun Announces First Quarter 2013 Unaudited Financial Results
Rod Stewart Celebrates Release of New Album with Fans for SiriusXM's "Town Hall" Series
Law Office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC Announces That A Class Action Has Been Filed Against Accretive Health, Inc.
Standard Pacific Corp. Presentation At The J.P. Morgan Homebuilding & Building Products Conference To Be Webcast Live
Cimatron Announces Proposed Secondary Public Offering of Ordinary Shares