Guillermo Novo to Join Air Products as Senior Vice President, Electronics, Performance Materials, Strategy and Technology and Member of Its Corporate Executive Committee
Published on Friday, 17 August 2012 08:14 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
LEHIGH VALLEY, Pa., Aug. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Air Products (NYSE: APD) announced today that Guillermo Novo will join the company as senior vice president, Electronics, Performance Materials, Strategy and Technology, effective September 14. Novo will be responsible for the company's Electronics and Performance Materials businesses, Technology organization, and corporate strategy and marketing. He will report to the chairman and CEO and serve on the company's Corporate Executive Committee.
Novo joins Air Products from the Dow Chemical Company where he has most recently served as group vice president, Dow Coating Materials, a large specialty chemicals business. He began his career with Rohm and Haas in 1986 and over the next 24 years (Rohm and Haas merged with Dow in 2009) progressed through a variety of commercial, marketing, and general management positions, living in South America, the U.S., and Asia. Prior to this recent position, Novo served as vice president for its Polyurethane business. He was named vice president and worldwide director, Process Chemicals and Biocides, in 2006. In this position, Novo was a corporate officer for Rohm and Haas and one of five group executives on their corporate leadership team responsible for driving the overall strategy for the company. Prior to that, he was appointed vice president and worldwide director, Consumer and Industrial Specialties Businesses, in 2002, and vice president of the Latin America region, along with other roles in sales, marketing, and finance.
John McGlade, Air Products' chairman, CEO and president, said, "Guillermo has repeatedly and successfully faced challenging business situations and has been very successful driving innovation and profitable growth through his strong strategic leadership. He brings to Air Products a breadth of global sales, marketing, and business and technology development experience. He will be an outstanding addition to our senior team as we continue to execute on our 2015 goals for growth, return on capital, and margins."
A native of Miami, Florida, Novo graduated from the the University of Central Florida with a B.S. degree in Industrial Engineering in 1984 and earned an MBA from the University of Michigan in 1986.
A downloadable photo will be available in Air Products' online News Center at www.airproducts.com/company/news-center/2012/0817-guillermo-novo-to-join-air-products.aspx.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70 years, the company has enabled customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable. More than 20,000 employees in over 50 countries supply innovative solutions to the energy, environment and emerging markets. These include semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, coal gasification, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. In fiscal 2011, Air Products had sales of approximately $10 billion. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
NOTE: This release may contain forward-looking statements within the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are based on management's reasonable expectations and assumptions as of the date of this release regarding important risk factors. Actual performance and financial results may differ materially from projections and estimates expressed in the forward-looking statements because of many factors not anticipated by management, including risk factors described in the Company's Form 10K for its fiscal year ended September 30, 2011.
SOURCE Air Products
- Air Products China President Appointed International Senior Economic Consultant to the People's Government of Shaanxi Province
- Air Products Senior Vice President to Speak at Goldman Sachs Basic Materials Conference
- Air Products Declares Quarterly Dividend
- Air Products to Feature Industrial Gas-Based Technologies for the Powder and Bulk Solids Market at PBE 2013
- Air Products Celebrates Texas Carbon Capture Demonstration Project Achievement
- Air Products Helium Director Testifies Before Senate on Pending Helium Bill
- Air Products' CFO to Speak at Barclays Select Series 2013: Chemical ROC Stars
- Air Products to Feature Industrial Gases and Technologies for the Steel Industry at AISTech 2013
- Air Products Wins LNG Technology and Equipment Order for Maryland Facility
- Air Products Shares Unique Gases and Chemicals Know-How at 104th AOCS Annual Meeting & Expo
Related Partner Headlines
- Air Products Signs Contract to Supply Carbon Monoxide from Expanded Syngas Separation Unit - Benzinga
- Cramer's 6 Stocks in 60 Seconds: DOW APD MWE BERY FFIV REGN - TheStreet.com
- Insiders Trading BLK IBM MJN APD - TheStreet.com
- Insiders Trading APD, MSFT, MCEP - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: KeyBanc Capital Markets Downgrades Air Products & Chemicals to Hold, Removes PT - Benzinga
- Air Products & Chemicals Inc (APD): Today's Featured Chemicals Laggard - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Citigroup Reiterates Neutral Rating, Lowers PT on Air Products & Chemicals - Benzinga
- UPDATE: J.P. Morgan Reiterates Neutral Rating, Lowers PT on Air Products & Chemicals - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Reiterates Buy Rating, Lowers PT on Air Products & Chemicals - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Jefferies & Company Reiterates Buy Rating, Lowers PT on Air Products & Chemicals - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:12PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:12PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:4:12PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
Actavis Confirms Appeals Court Issues Injunction Related to Generic Pulmicort RESPULES® Distribution
Haemonetics to Present at The Jefferies 2013 Global Healthcare Conference
China Gerui Advanced Materials Group Limited Announces Conference Call to Discuss First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
Speedemissions Reports First Quarter Financial Results
AK Tube Plant Recognized for Outstanding Safety Performance
Independent Proxy Advisory Firms ISS and Glass Lewis Recommend Softchoice Shareholders Vote in Favour of Arrangement Agreement
Barrick provides update on Pascua-Lama
Kroger Extends Partnership With USO To Support Our Troops