NASDAQ 100's Update, In focus: NIHD, EBAY, MICC, MRVL, SHLD
Published on Friday, 17 August 2012 13:35 Written by Danny Miller
New York, August 17th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is higher trading at 2774.38, which represents 0.23% versus its previous close. The index is mixed for the session with slightly less than 50% of its components trading higher.
NII Holdings (NASDAQ:NIHD) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $6.78 representing 5.44% from its previous trading session. Shares of NII Holdings, the Latin America wireless communications provider have defined support at $5.65 and resistance at $8.45.
eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $46.78 representing 2.16% from its previous close. eBay, the owner of paypal and operator of an auction marketplace, has calculated support and resistance levels at $43.26 and $46.05 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Millicom (NYSE:MI), which is trading at $15.96 representing 2.14% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL), which is trading at $10.4 or -15.35% from the prior close. Shares of Marvell, the maker of integrated circuits for communications-related markets have defined support at $10.91 and resistance at $12.20. Also among the worst performers Sears Holdings (NASDAQ:SHLD), which is trading at $58.88 representing -2.34% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 13256.2, which represents 0.05% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1415.64 that represents 0.01% from its previous close.
- Is Marvell Breaking Out?
- NASDAQ 100 Top Performer: NII Holdings
- Approaching Resistance: eBay
- Semis Outperfomed the S&P 500 :MU, MRVL, CRUS
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Flat Top Performers: NFLX, NIHD, SIRI
- eBay Is Moving Above Resistance
- Bulls in Charge of eBay
- Is Marvell Breaking Out?
- Is eBay Trade Over?
- Sector Wrap - Semis Lower: WFR, AMD, MRVL
Related Partner Headlines
- EBay Inc (EBAY): Today's Featured Retail Winner - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Jefferies & Company Reiterates Hold Rating, Lowers PT on Marvell Technology Group Ltd. - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Cuts PT to $10 on Marvell Technology Group; Mobile Competition - Benzinga
- UPDATE: D.A. Davidson Reiterates Buy Rating, Lowers PT on Marvell Technology Group - Benzinga
- Top 4 Stocks In The Catalog & Mail Order Houses Industry With The Highest Operating Margin - Benzinga
- EBay Inc (EBAY): Today's Featured Retail Laggard - TheStreet.com
- NII Stock Gaps Down On Today's Open (NIHD) - TheStreet.com
- EBay Inc Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (EBAY) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Lowers PT to $11 on Marvell Technology Group on Lower Estimates Ahead - Benzinga
- eBay in Talks with Chinese e-Commerce Site Xiu.com - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Close to the 50 Day Moving Average: Xerox
Trading Idea: What to Expect with Goldcorp Breaking Support
Kellogg is Near a Key Support Area
Target Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Trading the Setup In Amgen
United States Steel Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Molson Coors Brewing Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,335.28 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▼19.12 (-0.12%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,666.29 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▼1.18 (-0.07%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,496.43 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼2.54 (-0.07%)
In The Wires
Flotek Industries, Inc. Announces Appointment Of Carla Schulz Hardy To Board Of Directors, Retirement Of Dick Wilson From Board Of Directors And Results Of Annual Stockholders' Meeting
JinkoSolar Donates 150kW PV Solar modules in Partnership with GRID Alternatives
Synthetic Biologics to Present at the 2nd Annual Marcum LLP MicroCap Conference
Krispy Kreme Jacksonville, Florida Grand Opening Celebration
Chancery Resources' AirTrona Offers Strong Franchise Opportunity, Sees Exciting Future Growth as Marketing Efforts Continue
SkyWest, Inc. Announces Agreement With United Airlines For 40 E175 Regional Jets
SkyWest, Inc. Announces Agreement With Embraer For 100 Firm And 100 Options E175 Regional Jets
United to Add 40 More Embraer 76-Seat Aircraft to United Express Fleet