Semis Stocks Round Up - Lower: WFR, POWI, CRUS
Published on Friday, 17 August 2012 16:51 Written by Danny Miller
New York, August 17th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded lower at $405.17, representing -0.76% from its previous close. The semiconductor index had a negative day with only 9 index components trading higher.
MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $2.8, which represents 4.09%. from the previous trading session. Shares of MEMC Electronic Materials, the silicon wafers producer have defined support at $1.68 and resistance at $2.73.
Power Integrations (NASDAQ:POWI) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $35.65 representing 1.92% from its previous close. Power Integrations, the maker of proprietary, high-voltage, analog integrated circuits for use in ac to dc conversion has calculated support and resistance levels at $32.95 and $37.78 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Cirrus Logic (NASDAQ:CRUS), which traded at $39.73 representing 1.27% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) that traded at $10.61 or -13.64% from the previous close. Shares of Marvell, the maker of integrated circuits for communications-related markets have defined support at $10.91 and resistance at $12.20. Also among the worst performers was Rubicon Technology (NASDAQ:RBCN), which closed at $9.33 representing -2.71% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis underperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines