NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Lower: FSLR, CELG, GRMN
Published on Monday, 20 August 2012 13:35 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, August 20th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is lower trading at 2778.43, which represents -0.07% versus its previous close. The index is experiencing an overall negative day with more than 70% of its components trading lower.
First Solar (NASDAQ:FSLR) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $22.87 representing 7.57% from its previous trading session. Shares of First Solar, the largest maker of thin film solar modules in the world have defined support at $19.56 and resistance at $22.19.
Celgene (NASDAQ:CELG) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $70.73 representing 2.34% from its previous close. Celgene, the biopharmaceutical company focused on cancer treatments, has calculated support and resistance levels at $66.87 and $72.00 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Garmin (NASDAQ:GRMN), which is trading at $42 representing 1.99% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Autodesk (NASDAQ:ADSK), which is trading at $33.91 or -3.03% from the prior close. Shares of Autodesk, the design software Company have defined support at $33.19 and resistance at $35.54. Also among the worst performers Sears Holdings (NASDAQ:SHLD), which is trading at $57.74 representing -2.94% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 13259.6, which represents -0.12% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1415.85 that represents -0.16% from its previous close.
- NASDAQ 100's Update, In focus: DLTR, MU, EXPD, RIMM, FSLR
- NASDAQ 100 Worst Performer: Apollo
- How to Play the Setup in Autodesk
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Flat: ATVI, BIIB, FSLR
- Trading Idea: What to Expect as First Solar Breaks Resistance
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Flat: FSLR, CTRP, BIDU
- Close to the 200 Day Moving Average: Autodesk
- Trading Idea: Is First Solar close to Support?
- NASDAQ 100 Top Performer: NII Holdings
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Higher Top Performers: CSCO, NTAP, FFIV
Related Partner Headlines
- First Solar Inc. Stock Sell Recommendation Reiterated (FSLR) - TheStreet.com
- Celgene Corporation Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (CELG) - TheStreet.com
- US Stock Futures Up; Economic Data, Wal-Mart Earnings In Focus - Benzinga
- Earnings Scheduled For November 15, 2012 - Benzinga
- UPDATE: BMO Capital Markets Reiterates Celgene at Outperform on Better PALACE-1 Study Results - Benzinga
- Celgene Reports Improvement Across Primary-Secondary Endpoints from PALACE-1 - Benzinga
- Celgene Corporation (CELG): Today's Featured Drugs Winner - TheStreet.com
- Clovis Oncology: Pancreatic Cancer Drug Fails Late-Stage Test - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Jefferies & Company Reiterates Buy Rating, Raises PT on Celgene Corporation - Benzinga
- Celgene: Abraxane Boosts Pancreatic Cancer Survival - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,294.50 Trade time:4:53PM EDT Value change:▼12.67 (-0.08%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,650.51 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼4.84 (-0.29%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.42 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼3.88 (-0.11%)
In The Wires
PrivateBancorp Stockholders Approve All Proposals
Santa Cruz County Bank Declares Cash Dividend
Acquisition of rue21, inc. by Funds Advised by the Private Equity Firm Apax Partners May Not Be in the Best Interests of rue21 Shareholders
Viking Minerals Inc: The Company enters into final negotiations to acquire Multi-Million dollar Coal Resource on profit sharing basis.
Crest Supplements its Proxy Statement Opposing Revised Terms for Sprint-Clearwire Merger
Novelis and CEO Philip Martens Win Top Honors at Platts Global Metals Awards
Venaxis Announces Pricing of Offering of Common Stock and Warrants
Synopsys Delivers VDK for Renesas RH850 MCUs