Spillman Makes Inc. Magazine's Top 5,000 List for the Sixth Consecutive Year
Published on Monday, 20 August 2012 19:14 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
SALT LAKE CITY, Aug. 20, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Inc. magazine has ranked Salt Lake City-based Spillman Technologies as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the nation, marking the sixth consecutive year that the company has been included in the exclusive list.
"We are very proud to receive this recognition for the sixth year in a row," said Spillman President and CEO Lance Clark. "We believe that our continued growth in this economy is due to our commitment to innovation and our dedication to building lasting relationships with customers."
Spillman has experienced a 40 percent increase in revenue from 2008 to 2011 and has added 41 new customers since the beginning of 2012. Inclusion on the Inc. 5,000 list places Spillman among the ranks of companies like Microsoft, Oracle, and Facebook.
According to Inc., the list of the 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the nation represents a comprehensive look at the health of America's independent entrepreneurs. The companies on this year's list have maintained a median growth rate of 97 percent, have created more than 400,000 jobs in the last three years, and have an aggregate revenue of $299 billion.
In a letter to honorees, Inc. magazine Editor-in-Chief Eric Schurenberg applauded the efforts of those on the list.
"To be honored this year is a particularly notable achievement. To rank among the 2012 Inc. 5,000, your company had to thrive through three of the toughest years this economy has seen in recent memory," Schurenberg stated. "Your success in such times is eloquent testimony to your team's creativity, resilience, and tenacity."
Spillman Technologies is a public safety software provider headquartered in Salt Lake City, serving more than 1,000 police departments, sheriff's offices, communication centers, fire departments, and correctional facilities nationwide. Spillman specializes in integrated software solutions, including Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Mobile Data & Field Reporting, Mapping & GIS, Crime Analysis & CompStat, Jail Management Systems, Fire, Data Sharing, and Personnel & Resources. For more information, please visit www.spillman.com.
The 2012 Inc. 5000 is ranked according to percentage revenue growth when comparing 2008 to 2011. To qualify, companies must have been founded and generating revenue by March 31, 2008. Additionally, they had to be U.S.-based, privately held, for profit, and independent (not subsidiaries or divisions of other companies) as of December 31, 2011. (Since then, a number of companies on the list have gone public or been acquired.) The minimum revenue required for 2008 is $100,000; the minimum for 2011 is $2 million. As always, Inc. reserves the right to decline applicants for subjective reasons. Companies on the Inc. 5000 are featured in Inc.'s September issue. They represent the top tier of the Inc. 5000, which will be listed at http://www.inc.com/500 on Aug. 21.
About Inc. Magazine
Founded in 1979 and acquired in 2005 by Mansueto Ventures LLC, Inc. (http://www.inc.com/) is the only major brand dedicated exclusively to owners and managers of growing private companies with the aim to deliver real solutions for today's innovative company builders. Total monthly audience reach for the brand has grown significantly from 2,000,000 in 2010 to over 6,000,000 today. For more information, visit www.inc.com.
The Spillman Technologies logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=14151
- Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses In Excess Of $100,000 Investing In Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. To Contact The Firm
- Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses In Excess Of $100,000 Investing In Ventrus Biosciences, Inc. To Contact The Firm
- Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses In Excess Of $100,000 Investing In Delcath Systems, Inc. To Contact The Firm
- Communities of Distinction TV Presents "A Place to Call Home" Segment
- Outdoor Furniture And Grills Market - New Industry Research Report is Now Available for Pre-Order at Transparency Market Research
- North Dakota Residents Can Now Access Name of Best State Alarm Company - AlarmSystemReport.com
- El Paso’s Best Security System Companies Announced – SecuritySystemReviews.com
- Renowned Cardiologist Dr. Chauncey Crandall has Expanded his Efforts to Educate all Americans on Heart Health
- The New Ergonomically Designed Yealink SIP-T4X VoIP Phone Series Now Available Through VoIP Supply
- WPL Publishing Schedules LEED Green Associate Exam Preparation Webinar Series
Related Partner Headlines
- Petronas Posts 30% Decline In Q2 Net Profit - Benzinga
- Mail.Ru H1 Net Profit Rises 54.3% - Benzinga
- Advanced Medical H1 Pretax Profit Surges 72% - Benzinga
- Markets Jump After FOMC Comments on Easing - Benzinga
- Feel the Energy and Excitement of the Forex & Options Expo in Las Vegas - Benzinga
- Amazon's Living Social Stake Sees Value Decline - Benzinga
- Fender Withdraws IPO - Benzinga
- Benzinga Market Primer, Friday July 6: Non-Farm Payrolls Edition - Benzinga
- An Introduction to Forex Trading - Benzinga
- Benzinga Market Primer, Friday June 22 - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲33.73 (0.97%)
In The Wires
Professionally Designed Wedding Dresses Now Online At Tidebuy.com
DressFirst.com Is Providing Big Discounts On All Its Prom Dresses
Great Discounts On Evening Dresses Announced by AmorModa.com
Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses In Excess Of $100,000 Investing In Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. To Contact The Firm
Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses In Excess Of $100,000 Investing In Ventrus Biosciences, Inc. To Contact The Firm
Bruno Mars Ticket Prices Slashed at TicketProcess.com - Discounted Tickets Are Still Available With The Trusted Ticket Exchange Giant
Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses In Excess Of $100,000 Investing In Delcath Systems, Inc. To Contact The Firm
The Rolling Stones Tour Tickets 2013 On Sale At TicketsTeam.com