Beloit College Mindset List Announced Via Mediasite Webcast
Published on Tuesday, 21 August 2012 02:09 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
For the fifth consecutive year, Mindset authors use online video to share thoughts about the class of 2016
MADISON, Wis., Aug. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The 15th annual Beloit College Mindset List was introduced today via webcast using Mediasite by Sonic Foundry, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), the trusted market leader for video management and academic, enterprise and event webcasting.
The webcast is now available at www.themindsetlist.com.
Each August since 1998, Beloit College has released the Beloit College Mindset List, providing a look at the cultural touchstones that shape the lives of students entering college this fall. The creation of Beloit's former Public Affairs Director Ron Nief and Keefer Professor of the Humanities Tom McBride, it was originally created as a reminder to faculty to be aware of dated references. It quickly became an internationally monitored catalog of the changing worldview of each new college generation. Mindset List websites at www.themindsetlist.com, www.Beloit.edu, the Mediasite webcasts and the Mindset List Facebook page receive more than a million visits annually.
Some of the authors' favorites from the Mindset List for the Class of 2016 include:
- They have always lived in cyberspace, addicted to a new generation of "electronic narcotics."
- The Biblical sources of terms such as "Forbidden Fruit," "The writing on the wall," "Good Samaritan," and "The Promised Land" are unknown to most of them.
- Michael Jackson's family, not the Kennedys, constitutes "American Royalty."
- If they miss The Daily Show, they can always get their news on YouTube.
- Their lives have been measured in the fundamental particles of life: bits, bytes, and bauds.
- Robert De Niro is thought of as Greg Focker's long-suffering father-in-law, not as Vito Corleone or Jimmy Conway.
- Newt Gingrich has always been a key figure in politics, trying to change the way America thinks about everything.
- They have never seen an airplane "ticket."
"The Mindset List offers value not only to faculty on the popular perspectives of the class of 2016, but also to the technology partners of colleges and universities. As an educational technology company, we're proud to support the creators and their work through the Mindset List. This academic tradition each back-to-school season helps us again focus on the ultimate consumer of every learning innovation we produce," said Sean Brown, vice president of education for Sonic Foundry.
Nief and McBride will share their thoughts in a free webinar on August 28 at 1:00pm Central entitled, Back to School: Understanding the Mindset of Today's Modern Student. To register go to www.sonicfoundry.com/mindset.
Since 2007, the authors have used Mediasite by Sonic Foundry for their annual Mindset List webcast. Trusted by more than 1,000 colleges and universities, the patented Mediasite webcasting and video content management system quickly and cost-effectively automates the capture, management, delivery and search of live and on-demand streaming videos and rich media presentations that combine video with slides.
About Sonic Foundry®, Inc.
Sonic Foundry (NASDAQ: SOFO) is the trusted market leader for enterprise webcasting solutions, providing video content management and distribution for education, business and government. Powered by the patented Mediasite webcasting platform and webcast services of Mediasite Events, the company empowers people to advance how they share knowledge online, using video webcasts to bridge time and distance, enhance learning outcomes and improve performance.
Certain statements contained in this news release regarding matters that are not historical facts may be forward-looking statements. Because such forward-looking statements include risks and uncertainties, actual results may differ materially from those expressed in or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially include, but are not limited to, uncertainties pertaining to continued market acceptance for Sonic Foundry's products, its ability to succeed in capturing significant revenues from media services and/or systems, the effect of new competitors in its market, integration of acquired business and other risk factors identified from time to time in its filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
SOURCE Sonic Foundry, Inc.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines