Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company S.A. Announces Results for the Six Months Ended 29 June 2012
Published on Tuesday, 21 August 2012 03:17 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
Half Year Highlights
ATHENS, Greece, August 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Half year Half year 2012 2011 % Change Volume (m unit cases) 1,011 1,036 -2% Net Sales Revenue (EUR m) 3,432 3,396 1% Comparable Cost of Goods Sold (EUR m) 2,191 2,096 5% Comparable EBIT (EUR m) 192 249 -23% Comparable Net Profit (EUR m) 109 146 -25% Comparable EPS (EUR) 0.30 0.40 -25%
- Top line: Net sales revenue grew by 1% while volume declined by 2% in the first half of 2012. Volume was flat in emerging markets and declined by 5% and 4% in established and developing markets, respectively.
- Categories: Volume in the sparkling beverages category declined by 1% while energy drinks volume increased by 5%. Volume in the tea category was flat while water and juice categories declined by 6% each.
- Brands: Trademark Coca-Cola products volume was flat with Coca-Cola growing by 1% and Coca-Cola Zero growing by 9%.
- Share gains: We gained or maintained volume share in sparkling beverages in most of our markets including Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Romania and Bulgaria.
- Comparable operating profit: Revenue growth initiatives fully off-set both total input cost increases and higher operating expenses in the first half on a currency neutral basis. A combination of lower volume and unfavourable foreign currency movements resulted in a €57 million year on year decrease in comparable EBIT.
- Free cash flow and capex: We generated free cash flow of €96 million in the first half of the year. For the period 2012-2014 we plan to make cumulative capital expenditures of €1.45 billion and expect to generate free cash flow of €1.45 billion.
Dimitris Lois, Chief Executive Officer of Coca-Cola Hellenic, commented:
"We continued to win in the marketplace, while operating in an increasingly volatile and challenging external environment. Currency neutral net sales revenue per unit case grew by 3%, excluding the hyperinflation impact of Belarus.
We continue to witness prolonged macroeconomic uncertainty in all of our EU markets. The pressure from input costs is expected to ease in the second half of the year, though almost all of the benefit is expected to be offset by increasing pressures from unfavourable exchange rate movements. Our focus remains on winning in the marketplace, while at the same time growing value faster than volume and improving our operating cost base and efficiency, leading to solid free cash flow generation in 2012 and beyond. We remain committed to investing in our business and are confident we have the right strategy and solid plans to navigate through today's tough environment and create long-term sustainable value for our shareholders. Continuous cost base optimisation, productivity improvements and successful market place execution leave us strongly positioned to benefit from an eventual market recovery."
SOURCE Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co SA
Related Partner Headlines
- Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company S.A. Stock Upgraded (CCH) - TheStreet.com
- Coca-Cola Hellenic Posts Higher Q3 Revenue - Benzinga
- Anheuser-Busch InBev NV Among Consumer/Non-Cyclical's Biggest Movers on October 16, 2012 - Investopedia
- Consumer/Non-Cyclical Stocks, Including Ecolab, Making Big Moves on October 12, 2012 - Investopedia
- Consumer/Non-Cyclical Stocks, Including Anheuser-Busch InBev NV, Making Big Moves on October 5, 2012 - Investopedia
- Anheuser-Busch InBev NV and More Big Movers in Consumer/Non-Cyclical on September 27, 2012 - Investopedia
- Coke Hellenic Q2 Net Profit Down 15% - Benzinga
- Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company S.A. (CCH): Today's Featured Food & Beverage Loser - TheStreet.com
- Coke CEO Slams U.S.; Looks to China, Russia - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,318.23 Trade time:4:34PM EDT Value change:▲138.38 (0.91%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,651.81 Trade time:4:34PM EDT Value change:▲12.77 (0.78%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,482.18 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲30.05 (0.87%)
In The Wires
Valeant Pharmaceuticals Prices Public Offering Of Common Shares
Ellington Residential Mortgage REIT Announces Dividend for the Second Quarter of 2013 and Provides Portfolio Update
72nd Common Stock Monthly Dividend Increase Declared By Realty Income
Realty Income Declares Preferred Stock Monthly Dividends
Northrop Grumman Delivers First AQS-24A Airborne Mine-hunting Vehicle to Japan
Lifshitz Law Firm Announces Investigation of Cooper Tire & Rubber Co., Dole Food Company, Inc., Erickson Air-Crane, Inc. and Uni-Pixel, Inc.
Lifshitz Law Firm Announces Investigation of Belo Corp., Centerline Holding Company, Invacare Corporation and StellarOne Corporation
DEADLINE ALERT: Rigrodsky & Long, P.A. Reminds Shareholders of Magnum Hunter Resources Corporation of Upcoming Deadline