Broker Dealer Stocks Wrap Up - Higher: JEF, SCHW, AMP
Published on Tuesday, 21 August 2012 17:07 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, August 21st (TradersHuddle.com) - The overall market traded lower with the S&P 500 losing 0.35%. Stocks of Broker / Dealers traded higher, with NYSE Broker/Dealer index closing the session at $81.446, which represents 0.36% versus previous day close. The index , it had 9 out of 10 components trading higher.
Jefferies (NYSE:JEF) was the top performer of the sector today, closing at $14.03 representing 1.89% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Jefferies, the independent full service global securities services and investment banking firm, have defined support at $11.82 and resistance at $13.87.
Charles Schwab (NYSE:SCHW) was also among the top performers, closed the trading session at $13.29 representing 1.14% from its previous close. Charles Schwab, the securities brokerage, banking, and other related financial services provider has calculated support and resistance levels at $11.99 and $13.33 respectively. The other top performer was Nomura (NYSE:NMR), which closed the trading session at $3.6 representing 0.84% from the previous session.
The sector's worst performers include Ameriprise (NYSE:AMP) that closed the trading session at $54.89 or -0.2% from the previous close. Shares of Ameriprise, the financial planning firm have defined support at $50.00 and resistance at $55.37. Also among the worst performers was E*TRADE (NASDAQ:ETFC), which closed the trading session at $8.68 representing 0% from the previous session.
- Bulls taking over on Regal-Beloit?
- Is Regal-Beloit Trade Over?
- Bulls and Bears on the Trenches of Regal-Beloit
- Are the Bears Taking Control over Regal-Beloit?
- Regal Beloit Corporation To Present At The Morgan Stanley Industrials & Autos Conference
- Regal-Beloit, Reversal Soon?
- Regal-Beloit Upside Looming?
- Bulls taking Control of Regal-Beloit?
- Regal Beloit Corporation To Present At The Jefferies 2013 Global Industrials Conference
- Regal-Beloit Formed a Bearish Engulfing Candle
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines