NASDAQ 100 Worst Performer: Dell
Published on Wednesday, 22 August 2012 13:35 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, August 22nd (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is lower trading at 2771.55, which represents -0.02% versus its previous close. The index is experiencing an overall negative day with more than 70% of its components trading lower.
eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $46.99 representing 2.49% from its previous trading session. Shares of eBay, the owner of paypal and operator of an auction marketplace have defined support at $43.26 and resistance at $47.07.
Ctrip.com (NASDAQ:CTRP) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $15.47 representing 2.45% from its previous close. Ctrip.com, the one-stop China travel service provider, has calculated support and resistance levels at $12.36 and $14.64 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Autodesk (NASDAQ:ADSK), which is trading at $35.32 representing 2.08% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Dell (NASDAQ:DELL), which is trading at $11.5 or -6.81% from the prior close. Shares of Dell, the 3rd largest personal computer maker in the world have defined support at $11.39 and resistance at $12.44. Also among the worst performers NII Holdings (NASDAQ:NIHD), which is trading at $6.48 representing -3.14% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 13138, which represents -0.5% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1408.74 that represents -0.31% from its previous close.
- Trading Idea: Entry Levels for Autodesk
- NASDAQ 100's Update, In focus: NFLX, RIMM, MU, VRTX, NIHD
- The Range Is Tightening in eBay
- NASDAQ 100's Top Performers: NIHD, VRTX, ALTR
- Will eBay recover?
- Is Autodesk Expecting a Break Out?
- NASDAQ 100's Update, In focus: WCRX, CELG, FISV, FSLR, NIHD
- Autodesk is Near a Key Support Area
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Flat: FSLR, APOL, EBAY
- Trading Idea: What to Expect with eBay Breaking Support
Related Partner Headlines
- Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
- Earnings Expectations for the Week of November 19 - Benzinga
- The Week Ahead: Lowes, Hewlett-Packard, Deere Earnings; Existing Home Sales - Benzinga
- EBay Inc (EBAY): Today's Featured Retail Winner - TheStreet.com
- Dell Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (DELL) - TheStreet.com
- Stocks Flat Ahead of Fiscal Cliff Summit - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Cuts PT to $14 on Dell; Maintains Buy on Valuation - Benzinga
- Stock Futures Fall Ahead of Fiscal Cliff Talks - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Reiterates Underperform Rating, Lowers PT on Dell - Benzinga
- Morning Briefing: 10 Things You Should Know - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,291.18 Trade time:9:41AM EDT Value change:▼27.05 (-0.18%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,648.49 Trade time:9:41AM EDT Value change:▼3.32 (-0.20%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,479.38 Trade time:9:41AM EDT Value change:▼2.80 (-0.08%)
In The Wires
Critical Alerts For Chevron, Coca Cola, JC Penney, Union Pacific, and US Bancorp Released By InvestorsObserver
Critical Alerts For Hormel Foods, Steelcase, Exact Sciences, GenCorp, and Infinity Pharmaceuticals Released By InvestorsObserver
Facebook Mobile App Install Ads Drive Strong Mobile Growth for AYI Dating App
S&P 500 Stock Buybacks Increase Slightly in First Quarter
Tata Consultancy Services CEO N Chandrasekaran Named One of STEMconnector's "100 CEO Leaders in STEM"
Scholastic Storia® Wins Cynopsis Kids !magination Award for Best Educational Tablet-Based App
ShoreTel Completes Development of Hybrid Premise-to-Cloud Solution, Moves into Testing Phase
IBM Big Data Analytics Helps History Colorado Center Better Engage Visitors with an Enhanced Cultural Experience