Sector Wrap Up - Brokers Declined: SCHW, AMP, JEF
Published on Friday, 24 August 2012 17:07 Written by Danny Miller
New York, August 24th (TradersHuddle.com) - The overall market traded higher with the S&P 500 adding 0.65%. Stocks of Broker / Dealers also traded higher, with NYSE Broker/Dealer index closing the session at $81.045, which represents 0.98% versus previous day close. The index , it had 9 out of 10 components trading higher.
Charles Schwab (NYSE:SCHW) was the top performer of the sector today, closing at $13.27 representing 2.08% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Charles Schwab, the securities brokerage, banking, and other related financial services provider, have defined support at $11.99 and resistance at $13.48.
Ameriprise (NYSE:AMP) was also among the top performers, closed the trading session at $55.18 representing 1.43% from its previous close. Ameriprise, the financial planning firm has calculated support and resistance levels at $50.00 and $55.79 respectively. The other top performer was Jefferies (NYSE:JEF), which closed the trading session at $14.3 representing 1.27% from the previous session.
The sector's worst performers include Nomura (NYSE:NMR) that closed the trading session at $3.51 or -1.13% from the previous close. Shares of Nomura, the global finanicial services company based in Tokyo, Japan have defined support at $3.39 and resistance at $3.67. Also among the worst performers was Raymond James (NYSE:RJF), which closed the trading session at $34.92 representing 0.37% from the previous session.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines