Boomtown Casino New Orleans Conducts Voluntary Closure as Tropical Storm Isaac Heads Toward Gulf Coast
Published on Monday, 27 August 2012 09:15 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
HARVEY, La., Aug. 27, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Boomtown Casino New Orleans announced a voluntary closure today as a precautionary measure as Tropical Storm Isaac approaches the Gulf Coast. The casino will close at 3:00 a.m. CST.
"The safety of our guests, our more than 700 team members and the West Bank community remains our primary focus," said Boomtown Vice President and General Manager Barry Regula. He adds, "With a hurricane warning now in place and a less than certain storm track, closing allows us to better prepare for the threat of strong winds and heavy rain."
Boomtown management will continue to monitor weather conditions and updates issued by the Southeast Louisiana Flood Protection Authority West and will re-open as soon as conditions indicate it is appropriate to do so.
Updated property information will be posted at www.facebook.com/boomtownneworleans
About Boomtown Casino New Orleans
Boomtown New Orleans, located on the West Bank of the Mississippi in New Orleans and approximately 15 minutes from the French Quarter, opened in 1994 and features a 30,000-square-foot casino with more than 1,500 slot machines and 34 table games, including a live poker room and high limit slots and tables. Boomtown New Orleans also offers approximately 1,700 parking spaces and features four casual and fine dining venues, a 350-seat nightclub entertainment venue and over 4,600-square-feet of meeting and conference space.
For more information about Boomtown Casino New Orleans: www.boomtownneworleans.com or find us on Facebook.
The Boomtown Casino New Orleans Logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=13747
About Pinnacle Entertainment
Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc. owns and operates six casinos, located in Louisiana, Missouri, and Indiana, and a racetrack in Ohio. In addition, Pinnacle is developing L'Auberge Casino Hotel Baton Rouge, and holds a 26% ownership stake in Asian Coast Development (Canada) Ltd. (ACDL), an international development and real estate company currently developing Vietnam's first large-scale integrated resort on the Ho Tram Strip.
Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc. is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol PNK. To learn more about Pinnacle Entertainment, please visit www.pnkinc.com.
- Sector Wrap Up - Casinos Higher: MGM, PNK
- Casinos Outperfomed: PNK, WYNN
- Casino Stocks Wrap Up - Lower: ISLE, PNK
- Penn National Gaming - Worst Performing Casino Stock - Mid-Day Update
- MGM Resorts - Top Performing Casino Stock
- Casino Stocks Mid-Day Round Up - Higher: LVS, WYNN
- Casino Stocks Mid-Day Round Up - Higher: PNK, MGM
- Casino Stocks Wrap Up - Lower: ASCA, ISLE
- Isle of Capri Casinos - Worst Performing Casino Stock
- Pinnacle Entertainment - Worst Performing Casino Stock
Related Partner Headlines
- 3 Stocks Pushing The Leisure Industry Lower - TheStreet.com
- Pinnacle Entertainment Inc. Stock Downgraded (PNK) - TheStreet.com
- Pinnacle Entertainment Inc. Stock Upgraded (PNK) - TheStreet.com
- Pinnacle Entertainment Opens $368M L'Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge - Benzinga
- Pinnacle Entertainment Announces the Closing of the Previously Announced Disposition of Boomtown Reno - Benzinga
- Place Your Bets - TheStreet.com
- From Earlier: Pinnacle Entertainment Announces Termination of Cash Tender Offer for its Outstanding 7.5% Senior Subordinated Notes Due 2015 and Announces Conditional Notice of Optional Redemption of 7.5% Notes - Benzinga
- From Earlier: Pinnacle Entertainment Announces Pricing of $325M in Aggregate Amount of 7.75% Senior Subordinated Notes Due 2022 - Benzinga
- Pinnacle Entertainment Announces Proposed Public Offering of Senior Subordinated Notes and Marketing of Term Loan - Benzinga
- Pinnacle Entertainment Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation for Any and All of its Outstanding 7.5% Senior Subordinated Notes Due 2015 - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,295.12 Trade time:11:04AM EDT Value change:▼23.11 (-0.15%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.49 Trade time:11:04AM EDT Value change:▼2.32 (-0.14%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,478.57 Trade time:11:04AM EDT Value change:▼3.61 (-0.10%)
In The Wires
CeeLo Green and Goodie Mob Introduce 'Elevate Young Black Voices' Contest Winners at Finale Concert
/C O R R E C T I O N from Source -- Marquest Asset Management Inc./
Match.com Introduces Offline Game Nights
Top Analyst Examines High-Yield MLPs in New 70-Page Special Report
LHP Hospital Group to Implement the SurgiCount Safety-Sponge® System
Hertz Launches Dream Cars In The U.S.
Con-way Inc. Names 2013 CEO Constellation Award Recipients
Diane Harding Joins Community Bank of Tri-County as Cash Management Representative